Night Warehouse Associate - Kent
Columbia Distributing is one of the nation's largest malt beverage, wine and non-alcoholic distributors. Our success is based on the fact that we never lose sight of delivering what are really important--quality products, timely service, and a genuine concern for our customers' needs. And we succeed because of the enthusiasm and dedication our employees bring to their jobs every day. Whether it's their dedication to our customers, their dedication to the communities we serve, or their dedication to each other--it's the people who work here that make it such a great place to work.
When you work for Columbia Distributing, you are part of a progressive, growing organization with a reputation for high quality products and services. We are hardworking, dedicated, men and women who have set out to become the nation's top distributor.
* Perform all duties related to shipping, receiving, put-away, replenishment, picking, loading, rotation, check-in, repacking, and security of products.
* Regularly work long hours Monday through Friday nights starting at 5pm and finishing around 2-4am (or when work load is complete).
* Regularly lift 5-20 lbs. of product upwards of 1,500-2,500 times in a night for long hours while working safely and being self-motivated.
* Rotate all products during receiving, replenishment, picking, repacking, and returns activities according to company standard.
* Maintain safety, quality, and productivity standards established by management.
* Build all orders quickly, accurately, and stable while wrapping orders tight and securely to the pallet to be staged, loaded, delivered, and merchandised to the customer accurately and safely.
* Participate in pre-picking and merchandising of products as needed.
* Keep products stored/rotated/picked correctly for best date quality assurance.
* Develop and maintain positive, cooperative, and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and others you come into contact with through your job.
* Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
* Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company's Core Values at all times.
* High school diploma or GED
* Forklift and Pallet Jack certification
* Minimum or 18 years of age
* Previously worked in a fast-pace warehouse environment is preferred, with logistics or material handling, but a similar labor intensive job experience will also be considered
* Must be able to maintain a repetitive pace
* Excellent time management skills while working in a fast-paced environment
* Must be a self-motivator, perform at a safe, quick, and repetitive pace throughout each shift in a fast-paced environment
* Strong communication skills amongst co-workers, leadership, and management
* Listens to guidance and instructions and can be accurate
* Lift/Carry/Push/Pull 50 lbs. repetitively and up to 100 lbs.
* Push/Pull 165 lb. kegs
* Bend/stoop/crouch/squat/use arms/wrists/hands/grasp
* Climb stairs/ladder
* Work mostly indoors, occasionally outdoors
* Medical, Dental, Vision, RX
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Family and Medical Leave Act
* 401(k) Plan
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled