Nitrogen Transport Driver with Class A CDL, Hazmat and Tankers Endorsement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Drivers support the company through safe, legal, and courteous driving of equipment to and from work site locations. Drivers are expected to work under supervision of Operators while on location, including but not limited to: Rig up/down and loading/unloading bulk nitrogen tanks. Drivers are expected to understand and conform to DOT and company policies regarding safe operations and maintenance of the equipment operated during the normal course of work.
* Perform general maintenance on equipment
* Perform minor repairs to equipment
* Provide labor during rig up / rig down activities, on the job site
* Provide support to other transport drivers and operators as required
* Proficient in the safe operation of the tanks and transports
* Capable of determining the proper / safe rig up for each service job
* Knowledgeable and capable of properly completing Hazardous Materials Shipping Documents
* Capable of completing job, maintenance reports, DOT logs, and all mandatory paperwork
* Understand and adhere to all DOT Regulations and guidelines
* Must be able to travel
* Valid Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tankers endorsement
* Preferred two years DOT driving experience with Tankers and Hazmat endorsements (or be capable of obtaining hazmat endorsement)
* Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickup truck/company car and tractor trailer
* Working knowledge of hydraulic equipment and diesel engines
* Preferred high school diploma or GED equivalent
* Must be available for a 24 hour on call schedule.
* Must be willing to work a 21 day on and 7 day off schedule
* Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 40 lbs., and occasionally lift, carry, push and pull 41 - 100 lbs
* May occasionally require reaching above shoulder, grasping, and repetitive motion
* Requires extensive standing, walking, bending, squats, kneeling, twisting, turning and climbing
* Requires working outside in unfavorable weather conditions
* Requires extensive driving and sitting
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability