Non-Destructive Test Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlbany Engineered Composites (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components in order to help our customers push the frontiers of innovation. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite components. With our unique blend of products -- including 3D woven structures, traditional and non-traditional 2D composite structures, and discrete through thickness reinforcement technologies, to name a few -- AEC is able to produce composite components and products which meet performance and cost specifications often beyond the reach of metallic or conventional laminated composites.
Performs non-destructive tests (NDT) on materials, manufactured items, or components. Inspects metallic and nonmetallic materials, parts and assemblies for defects using ultrasound, automated and manual methods. Requires certifications in non-destructive testing in accordance with regulations.
* Perform setup for specialized non-destructive test
* Analyze routine test and inspection for statistical data to determine product and processes conformity
* Document and analyze and communicate results
* Conducts tests, per written and verbal instructions as required
* Knowledgeable of product manufacturing and inspection technology
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must have 1600 hours documented in UT experience and 80 hours in formal training per NAS 410 requirements.
* Must be able to pass a company administered UT Level II test.
* College Science courses or equivalent education background a plus (need not have a degree).
* Must be able to pass a near vision 20/25 (Snellen) at 16\\" +/- 1\\" in at least one eye, and be capable of adequately distinguishing and differentiating colors.
* Computer and technical writing skills (i.e.: MS Word, Excel, MS Paint, or equivalent).
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and be able to maintain good will in a potentially adversarial role. Requires some understanding of electronics, test equipment, mechanical test
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled