Nortel UCC Technician- Cleveland, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Black Box Network Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosting Title
Nortel UCC Technician- Cleveland, OH
Black Box has an opportunity for a Nortel UCC Technician to support our client in Cleveland, OH. The Technician will deliver unified communications (UC) solutions to support existing and future platform, product and service functionality and multi-platform integration at client locations. Perform day-to-day installation, service, programming, testing and troubleshooting of UC systems which include Premise Based; Hosted and Cloud Solutions.
* Install and program UC platforms which may include some or all of the following functionality: Chat; Presence; Voice; Mobility; Audio; Web; Video; Desktop Sharing; Call Control; Speech Recognition; Unified Messaging;
Email; Digital Signage etc.
* Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for UC product platform of Premise, Hosted and Cloud point-to-point as well as point to co-location network applications.
* Complete work orders for moves, adds, changes (MAC) and deletions, on company supported product lines.
* Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients.
* Receive, plan and prioritize jobs/work orders via centralized resource management in his/ her territory on a daily basis.
* Coordinate with other Team Members within North American Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
* Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
* Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
* Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as required.
* Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
* Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of
materials required at client site.
* Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
* Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 2+ years experience with Nortel Unified Communications (UC) systems including CS1000, Call Pilot, Option 61 and 81 PBX.
* Avaya Red experience a plus.
* Industry and manufacturer specific certifications (Nortel/Avaya) preferred
* Proven ability to install, service, program, test and troubleshoot UC systems.
* Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
* Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
* Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision, punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
* Valid driver s license and ability to safely drive company vehicles.
* Attention to Detail
* Customer Focus
* Results Focused
* Work Quality
* Heavy Work: May frequently exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 50 pounds and/or occasionally exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 100 pounds.
* Vision: Requires the ability to perceive the nature of objects by the eye.
* Near Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
* Midrange: Clarity of vision at distances of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet.
* Far Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.
* Peripheral: Ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
* Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
* Ability to adjust focus: Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
* Color Vision: Ability to identify colors.
* Speaking/Hearing: Possesses the ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening skills.
* Motor Coordination: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is frequently required to stand; and walk. The incumbent is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or bend.
* Ability to participate in on call rotation and to work overtime as necessary.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Apply to job Save to cart
Black Box Network Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.