North America Channel Leader
The NA Channels Leader Johnson Controls Retail Solutions, reporting directly to the Head of NA Retail Sales - Johnson Controls Retail Solutions/IS&S and dotted line to the Global Channels and Alliances Leader Johnson Controls Retail Solutions is responsible for building out the NA Indirect Channel and taking total oownership and accountability of reseller channel pipeline, forecast and sales targets. Focus is on developing and directing the strategy, plans and all aspects of our organization's indirect channel including implementing policies, objectives, and initiatives. They will be responsible for recruiting, enabling, developing Channel Partners and implementing sales strategies to create interest, demand, and product recognition to maximize revenue while meeting/exceeding sales goals. She/he will represent the company in all activities associated with reseller channel and alliance activities. They will be responsible for researching markets, identifying and approaching prospective partners, developing relationships, establishing partner agreements and assuring the successful launch of new sales territories in partnership with the regional sales leadership and indirect/direct sales teams. In addition, ensure the product is demand driven, the NA Channel Leader works with local and global Marketing, Legal, Product and Solutions Teams, Product Marketing and Management to deliver the right mix of features, positioning and price are all channel ready for North America, consistent with the North America field and corporate direction.
* Recruits, Builds, optimize, and maintain the NA channel partner community and go-to-market program(s) to maximize profitability and market reach.
* Implements core channel programs, tools, plans, incentives to produce positive channel results, minimize channel conflict, deliver channel value, enable growth within the channel eco-system and contain channel costs worldwide.
* Jointly sets financial target(s) for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in partner accounts with the region and global leadership.
* Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
* Align with field operations team(s) to create and roll out competitive systems/processes to support a positive partner experience and results worldwide.
* Jointly analyze with marketing and the regions, relevant competitive channel programs in our market. Exploit data to train sales, product, and support teams on how to address competitors channel strategies.
* Jointly lead all channel solutions development and enablement efforts to best address end-user needs by coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
* Drives adoption of company programs within the regional partner eco-system while ensuring partner compliance with partner agreements.
* Manages potential channel conflict with other company sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
* Drives the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources to meet partner performance objectives and partners expectations.
* Develops appropriate approaches in region to proactively address under-performing customer segments and partners.
* Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in core partner accounts.
* Establishes and assures a smooth transition/enablement of all new partner relationship.
* Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner and program needs on an ongoing basis and provide periodic readouts to senior leadership.
* Recruits, directs and manages Regional Channel Account Managers as the NA region grows and warrants increasing resources.
* Other duties as assigned by the Head of NA Retail Sales, Global Channels and Alliances Leader and other Senior Leadership members.
* Comprehensive understanding of the organization, local markets and customers ongoing needs.
* Self-starter who proactively identifies and addresses changing customer requirements.
* Understanding and ability to take responsibility for volume, quality, and delivery of end results, planning and finances/budget for a channel globally and on an area or regional basis.
* Collaborative approach to enlist the support of the sales teams, implementation resources, service resources, and other management resources as needed.
* Skilled communicator who influences and shapes images within the functional area.
* Proactively manages diverse company resource involvement with partner(s) and end-user customer(s) management as appropriate.
* Ability to define sales quota across the regional partner eco-system and manage pipeline via CRM.
* Motivated with an exceptional ability to work in a diverse collaborative team environment.
* Solid program management and business development skills.
* Excellent presentation skills and communication skills.
* Extensive NA travel required, approximately 60-80%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, advanced degree, courses or certifications preferred.
* 10 years of leadership experience in high-tech sales, channels, alliances, ISVs, business development, and management that includes developing programs and managing global teams.
* 10 years of software/hardware solutions development and selling within the enterprise and SMB markets.
* Proven track record of building and expanding a partner eco-system while driving revenue growth.
* Experience executing a channel strategy, appropriate goals and incentives for channel partners.
* Demonstrated experience working with distributors, resellers, and value-added resellers.
* Direct sales, channel sales, alliance management, and sales management experience.
* Solid working knowledge and experience within Retail and Loss Prevention, Operations and Sales.
JOHNSON CONTROLS OFFERS A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PLAN INCLUDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, PRESCRIPTION COVERAGE, FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS, PAID LIFE INSURANCE, MATCHING 401(K), ONGOING TRAINING, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND MORE. AND BECAUSE WE\'RE PART OF JOHNSON CONTROLS, WE CAN PREPARE YOU FOR A CAREER ON A GLOBAL SCALE.