North American Regional Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Myers Industries, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONBasic responsibilities of an International Regional Sales Manager are to manage and provide leadership for the business and employees of the sales region and contribute to the overall development of the company. The main objective of the Regional Sales Manager is to achieve long-term profit growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directing region business: Understand company goals, strategies, culture, values, policies and programs, and assure they are well understood by all region employees. Translate broad strategic direction into specific programs and activities to achieve growth and customer satisfaction.
- Developing region goals and plans: Prepare region, district and account plans. Contribute to the development of corporate business and marketing plans. Monitor performance versus plan as required and submit periodic status reports. When plans fail to bring expected results, develop alternate plans.
- Contributing to the strategic development of the company: Compile and analyze product, service, market and customer development opportunities and problems. Communicate trends and recommend actions to benefit from opportunities and resolve problems.
- Selling: Assist District Sales Managers as needed in executive selling and servicing customers.
- Problem Solving: Coordinate among division headquarters, plants, field sales and the customer to solve problems affecting the region.
- People Management: Develop exceptional performance among all district employees using the tools of motivation, compensation, coaching and training.
- Staffing: Deploy sales force to achieve regional goals. Recruit new employees. Deal with unproductive employees.
- Evaluating performance of employees: continuously evaluate performance and periodically conduct formal performance appraisals of all employees in region. Evaluate promotability. Recommend changes in compensation consistent with performance.
- Reporting: Insurethat all region employees communicate required information in thorough, timely and accurate fashion. This should include expense, call reports, competitive information and sales activity that crosses region or district lines.
- Other: Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong preference for international sales experience, particularly Canada and/or Mexico
- 5 to 10 years sales management experience with preference for experience in plastics, reusable packaging, industrial packaging, pallets, totes, containers or bulk boxes
- Sales experience in one or several markets including retail/distribution, automotive, manufacturing and food supply chains
- Demonstrated experience leading sales teams that sell solutions to multiple stakeholders across customer organizations
- Demonstrated accomplishments in sales process improvement
- A willingness to travel internationally to develop the territory and sales staff
- Experience developing sales goals and plans and providing market analysis,
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Technology skills including use of various computer software programs (i.e. Excel, Word).
Ideal locations for residence include Chicago, Cincinnati or Dallas; will consider alternate locations with a major airport with frequent flights to Canada and Mexico..