Northern California - Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
This position will be home-office based and location base is flexible within the territory
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of our North American Sales Team the Northern California Regional Sales Manager will manage and lead sales activities within the defined territory (Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Alaska, and Hawaii). The position is responsible for the development of the sales within their own territory, implementation and execution of territory plans, while managing manufacturing sales representatives and managing sales application team members working with them on sales campaigns. Engage customers & potential customers across all BNS product lines. Work with Business Units and Applications to manage sales process. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Meet or exceed all quarterly objectives for assigned geographical area in sales
* Maintain a significant opportunity pipeline to assure success and on-going growth for the region
* Develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans for short and long term objectives
* Develop detailed knowledge of the customers within the region
* Develop key relationships (at all appropriate levels) with strategic accounts and distributors
* Evaluate and champion emerging and strategic accounts for Bruker-Nano
* Assure the highest level of customer engagement and support from Bruker-Nano resources in sales, field applications engineers, marketing, inside sales, customer service, manufacturing sales representatives, distributors, etc.
* Oversee the ongoing management of field sales application engineers, manufacturers sales representatives (these are matrixed relationships) in their region
* Coordinate with product marketing on the development of short and long-term sales strategies, product introductions, new products and features, etc.
* Establish and manage relationships with cross functional departments within Bruker-Nano for product fulfillment, customer service, pricing, etc.
* Provide timely information on competitive activities within the region and overall market place
* Oversee the regional weekly sales reporting processes and present information to the Director of North American Sales
* Use SalesForce.com as a sales tracking and forecasting tool
* Travel requirements are approximately 50% of the work time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with internal and external customers and support groups within Bruker-Nano
* Experience selling Atomic Force Microscopes, Optical metrology, and Tribology/nanomechanical test equipment strongly preferred
* Highly organized with solid time management & strong multitasking skills
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Prior experience with multiple sales channels is a PLUS
* Knowledge and experience in the markets served by Bruker-Nano is desirable
* An understanding and experience using Miller-Heiman Strategic and Conceptual selling methodologies is favored
* B.S. with a minimum of 8-years work experience in a multi-tiered, technical selling environment, including but not limited to the selling of both software and hardware products used in surface science and metrology applications.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.