NuSource-Nuclear Quality Assurance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
NuSource LLC is a joint venture company that combines the engineering expertise of MPR Associates with the manufacturing capabilities of Gavial Holdings. With over 500 combined employees, NuSource leverages the experience and expertise of our parent companies to delivers turn-key hardware solutions to the commercial nuclear power industry. We specialize in difficult-to-solve replacement hardware solutions that are critical to plant operation and nuclear regulatory compliance.
NuSource is seeking a detail oriented person to manage the activities of its Nuclear Quality Assurance (QA) program. The ideal candidate will have experience working under a nuclear quality program (including: ASME Section III, NCA-3800, NQA-1 and 10 CFR50 Appendix B) and should be a qualified auditor, preferably a lead auditor. The candidate should be familiar with the implementation of quality program processes, such as corrective action / process improvement and the performance of inspection, testing, and auditing activities. The Quality Assurance Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the Chief Technical Officer, Engineering Manager and Project Coordinator. This is a full time, exempt position based in the Alexandria, VA office.
* Perform general and project-specific oversight to ensure quality program requirements are completed properly.
* Review documentation to ensure contractual and quality program requirements are understood and met.
* Perform internal audits of the NuSource quality program.
* Maintain the NuSource approved supplier lists.
* Perform, or monitor, inspection and testing activities to ensure they are conducted in accordance with NuSource QA program.
* Manage personnel qualification and training activities required of the QA program (e.g., QA Indoctrination and the qualification of Auditors, Inspectors, and Subject Matter Experts). Ensure the required activities are scheduled. Ensure records of completed activities are received and properly maintained.
* Coordinate activities associated with QA Program updates. Ensure program manuals are updated and distributed as required.
* Be qualified as an auditor (preferably lead auditor) and perform supplier qualification activities, including on-site inspections and audits of suppliers.
* Define corrective actions and process improvement initiatives, verify their implementation, and assess their effectiveness.
* Evaluate changes to industry standards to assess the impact on the NuSource quality program.
* Develop and evaluate the results of metrics used to measure quality program performance, supplier performance, and client satisfaction.
* Some travel expected (10-20%) to support supplier audits or inspections.
* Interfacing with all company employees, as well as clients and suppliers.
* Five, or more, years experience as a quality professional working under a nuclear (ASME Section III, NCA 3800, NQA-1 and 10 CFR50 Appendix B 9001) based quality program.
* Experience in implementing programs for corrective action and process improvement also preferred.
* Auditing experience is preferred.
* Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
* Ability to be flexible, motivated, resourceful and organized in a multi-functional role.
* Solid communication and time management skills.
* Ability to work proficiently alone and in teams as well as possess an ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
* Motivated to tackle new problems and take on new responsibilities.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
* Persistent, questioning attitude and ability to accept that in others.
* Good interpersonal skills dealing with a wide range of individuals in an engineering environment.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
MPR Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in EVerify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.