Nuage - Dev Ops Infrastructure Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONNokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Dev Ops Infrastructure Engineer
* Take care of the build system of the Nuage Virtualized Services platform, ensuring quality and consistency of the builds generated by our continuous integration system based on Jenkins
* Improve the development workflow, manage repositories on our Github enterprise instance
* Maintain & Enhance the automation infrastructure which consists of a datacenter environments with complex topologies of Linux nodes, based on recent versions of distributions like Ubuntu Cloud, Red Hat Openstack Platform, Suse Cloud & XenServer
* Maintain and develop the core infrastructure of Nuage engineering, provision new servers using Puppet, monitor the servers, develop integration scripts written in Python and Bash, and keep the whole environment secure
* Work with engineering leads to develop testing platforms and methodologies in new areas of the Nuage platform
Skills & Requirements
* Good knowledge of systems administration and the Linux platform
* Proficiency at Git and the Github pull request model
* Experience in building software and continuous integration
* Knowledge of network protocols, virtualization and virtual packet switching is a plus
* Good coding skills: Python, bash,Ruby/Perl
* Ability to delve into pre-existing source code with little guidance and to switch context rapidly is paramount
* Good communication skills, ability and willingness to assist people is key
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.