Nurse Care Manager 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Rush University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED RN CASE MANAGER PASSIONATE ABOUT BRINGING YOUR EXPERTISE TO A LEADING HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION*
If so, you may be the right candidate for Rush s RN CARE MANAGER II position!
ENJOY A NEW COMPENSATION STRUCTURE IN NURSE CASE MANAGEMENT!
Enjoy a role as an expert nurse and role model achieving expected outcomes, demonstrating leadership and serving as a resource in the management of clinically complex patients.
Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care
Enjoy Work-Life balance with a MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, DAY POSITION; occasional weekend rotation
Become a part of Rush nursing staff, recognized four (4) times with Magnet designation
Collaborate with Nurse Case Managers, Social Workers, Senior Nurse Care Manager, physician practices, as well as inpatient and outpatient teams to facilitate effective care management and utilization of services at the appropriate level of care.
Contribute to the team s effectiveness by progressing plans of care, addressing barriers to effective and efficient utilization of resources, and developing sustainable transitional care plans to meet patient and institutional goals.
Manage a complex caseload, actively support performance improvement initiatives, provide team and department education, orientation, and training, and function as a nexus of internal and external communication between persons, physician practices, the hospital, and the community.
Initiates efforts to enhance patient flow and decrease length of stay, while increasing patient satisfaction and reducing readmissions.
Models and maintains a quality based proactive person centered approach to achieve department and institutional goals, and process improvements.
Provides leadership, support and clinical expertise within Care Management teams to achieve outcomes.
Monitors trends and variances related to goals. Participates in/leads research to evaluate project initiatives. Promotes team and department engagement. *LI-SK1
* Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited university required.
* Master s degree in Nursing or a related health field required (e.g. Masters of Health Administration, Masters of Business)
* Current license in Illinois as Registered Nurse (RN) required.
* Minimum two (2) years experience Case Management experience required.
* Five (5) or more years experience as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Case Management or other relevant experience required.
* Ability to perform all job components and serve as a team resource for clinically complex cases within the professional nursing area of expertise.
* Leadership skills and clinical expertise related to criteria, care coordination and transitions
* Process improvement skills, ability to perform tasks independently, prioritize workload, problem-solve, and analyze data.
* Proficient and functional working knowledge of computer databases, electronic medical record systems, and information technology.
* Case Management Certification (CCM) preferred (or commitment to obtain with 2.5 years)
* Rush University Medical Center is a four-time Magnet facility located in Chicago, IL www.rush.edu
* Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care
* AWARDS received include UHC:Quality Leadership Award, ranking second among 100 academic medical centers and only medical center in Illinois to receive the honor.
* RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
* As one of the most popular cities in the nation, Chicago is a cultural, historical and diverse city. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago in known for its nearly 200 distinct neighborhoods and its extensive park systems, along with its sports teams, museums and vibrant theater community.
RUSH UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES ALL APPLICANTS TO APPLY REGARDLESS OF AGE, RACE, SEX, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY AND/OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL OR PARENTAL STATUS, ANCESTRY, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, PREGNANCY OR OTHER REASON PROHIBITED BY LAW. *LI-SK1