Nurse Clinician Coordinator - Ortho/Spine Injection Clinic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONNorthwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Clinician Coordinator to work within the Ortho/Spine Injection clinic. Under the direction of medical leadership, this position will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for patients in our MSK Ortho/Spine Injection Clinic. Performs other related duties as directed or required. The MSK Radiology Clinic is currently comprised of 5 musculoskeletal radiologists and 2 radiological technologists. The NM Radiology MSK Service provides joint/arthrogram injections and minimally invasive, image guided treatments.
A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a RN. The ideal candidate would have experience working with pain management or minimally invasive image guided treatments is preferred, not required. The ideal candidate should possess effective communication skills, strong organizational skills, be self-directed, flexible, and be able to adapt to changes in work environment, delays or unexpected events. Must have excellent clinical assessment and analytical skills. Strong computer skills and familiarity with Epic is preferred. Candidate must also have effective interpersonal skills and be able to work across departmental boundaries, facilitate problem resolution, and maintain a professional demeanor in difficult situations. Must demonstrate attention to detail and monitor own work for accuracy.
Position is M-F, day shift.
Provides evidence based patient care and is accountable for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of a plan of care for designated patients. Facilitate timeliness and access to care and coordinate complex care processes throughout the Northwestern Healthcare System. Coordinates patient care across the continuum of care. Assists patients in interpreting care recommendations as needed. Assesses patient and family learning needs, assists in the development of evidence based educational material and provides patient and family education. Evaluates patients physical and emotional recovery from procedures and strives to promote patient wellness and comfort. Serves as a resource for patients and their families, and helps to coordinate resources as needed. Monitors quality of care, as well as patient and physician satisfaction, through follow-up discussions and assessments. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Required:
* Current license as a Registered Nurse, State of Illinois Nurse.
* Bachelor of Nursing Degree (BSN) with two (2) years of clinical experience in ambulatory services.
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook and database entry.
* Demonstrated leadership skills and knowledge of quality improvement.
* Ability to effectively build clinical networks and lead system change.
* Ability to effectively handle challenging situations.
* Ability to balance multiple priorities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to analyze data for decision making purposes.
* Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, delays or unexpected events.
* Demonstrates attention to detail and monitors own work for accuracy.
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* Three years of Clinical experience in the area of clinical specialty.
* Experience with ambulatory operations.
* Experience with process improvement.