Nurse Clinician - Exceptional Practice, Critical Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Lake Forest, IL
* Provides direct patient care and/or consultation using in-depth clinical knowledge and skills in area of expertise.
* Establishes standards and develop policies and procedures in area of clinical specialty which assure the provision of quality, comprehensive and coordinated care.
* Consultant to other disciplines in areas of expertise.
* Receives and assesses referrals from all hospital units.
* Consults with multidisciplinary team as appropriate to develop, implement and evaluate care for patients and families specific to the area of expertise.
* Teaches patients and/or families demonstrating unique learning needs in order to promote optimal level of wellness.
* Collaborates with staff in the assessment of patient education needs and the provision of appropriate resources for patients specific to the area of expertise.
* Documents activities in patient medical records.
Demonstrates the following professional attributes:
* Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation.
* Is an advocate for patients and their significant others, coworkers, the community and the nursing profession.
* Consistently demonstrates accountability.
* Champions collaborative practice with coworkers and other disciplines and departments.
* Consistently demonstrates compassion to internal and external customers.
* Dynamic representative of the nursing profession in internal and external forums.
* Integrates theoretical knowledge base and clinical expertise in decision making.
* Assumes responsibility for meeting regulatory and other mandatory requirements.
* Assumes responsibility for personal development plan and education/certification related to clinical specialty area.
* Serves as a patient advocate and role model for "Patients First"
* Mentors staff to ensure quality of health care practices
* Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces
* Consults with management in assessment, problem solving, decision making, and evaluating clinical/system issues
* Participates in-service programs to meet continuing education needs of staff
* Provide formal education to both internal and external groups pertinent to area of specialty
* Facilitates research based practice in clinical area of expertise.
* Analyze clinical outcome data to identify trends/develop action plans related to identified trends
* Participates in research pertinent to area of expertise.
* Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois.
* Bachelors of Science Nursing
* 3-5 years experience in specific clinical area
* BLS through American Heart Association
* Masters of Science Nursing