Manager Ambulatory Services - Dermatology Clinic - University Health 8/9/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
If you share our passion for healthcare excellence, take your place among the best at Truman Medical Centers. Named one of the nation's top academic medical centers, TMC is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Health Sciences and is particularly distinguished for its care in asthma, bariatrics, diabetes, women's health, and trauma services. TMC is a two-hospital, combined 422-bed not-for-profit hospital, which is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Kansas City, Missouri. As a comprehensive, multi-faceted, not-for-profit health care system, TMC serves all patient demographics, regardless of the ethnic or socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Women s Clinic Ambulatory Manager position serves as a professional nurse leader in coordinating the daily operation of multiple clinic areas. Actively participates in departmental quality assessment and performance improvement programs, budgetary monitoring, staffing and the patient satisfaction/customer service activities.
1. Applicants are required to have a Baccalaureate in Nursing or a Graduate Degree in Nursing. For current incumbents in the position as a requirement to remain in the position, incumbents must be actively enrolled in RN to BSN or RN to MSN programs. The BSN or MSN must be completed by May 31, 2014. Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse.
2. Candidates with a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing are required to have three years management experience, preferably in health care; those with a Graduate degree in Nursing are required to have two years management experience.
3. Knowledge and experience in Performance Improvement processes, and applicable governmental and health care regulatory requirements.
4. Knowledge and comfort with participatory management approaches, which involve clinical department chairman, medical staff, and various levels of management in addition to external agencies and regulating bodies.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Outgoing person with high service orientation.
6. Sound judgment sufficient to ensure the integrity of operations and to provide exemplary leadership in the development of teamwork among staff.
7. Considerable skill in facilitating problem solving.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Computer aptitude.
Master s degree
- Excellent customer service skills to patients and team.
- Strong Dermatology background/knowledge.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple responsibilities and providers.
- Supports the manager/leadership of the clinic.
8:00AM - 4:30PM