Nurse Director Oncology Services 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01505-83765
The Director of Oncology Services will function as a specialist in the oncology service line. Responsible for operations and the integration of the service within overall hospital functions, and serve as an innovator and change agent. They provide leadership to improve performance through assessment, planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for acute and critically ill adult patients being cared for throughout the organization, and specifically in Oncology, Stem Cell, and Apheresis departments. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resources, strategic planning, and operational functions. Strategic partnership with the VP of the Oncology Service Line and guidance of the Nurse Practitioners is also expected. Assures a high level of customer satisfaction, manages productivity to achieve budgetary targets, and must be willing to assume twenty-four hour responsibility for patient care. Is also expected to function as a collaborator for overall hospital patient care operations, and a strong partner with the Medical Staff; specifically with the Hospitalists and Intensivists physicians.
* Bachelors degree in nursing required
* Masters degree in nursing or related field preferred
* Five (5) years experience in management, preferable in a hospital setting with experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, and physician relations
* Previous management in critical care required; clinical or leadership experience with the cardiac intensive care population highly preferred
* Current Texas RN license
* Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
* Certification in oncology services or leadership preferred
Last Edited: 09/07/2016