Nurse Director of Medical Surgical (Med/Surg)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Terre Haute, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00097-5119
DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL SURGICAL (MED/SURG):
At Terre Haute Regional Hospital we put Patients First by focusing on the highest quality patient care practices and advanced technologies while keeping patient safety a top priority. You'll be treated as an individual, with compassion and care. Patients First means excellent service, every patient, every time.
Located at 3901 South 7th Street in Terre Haute, Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Our service area includes Vigo, Sullivan, Knox, Greene, Clay, Owen, Putnam, Parke, Vermillion and Fountain counties in Indiana and Crawford, Clark and Edgar counties in Illinois. Regional is accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and in 2006, became the first Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers and Providers.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for planning, budgeting, and overall direction and operation of the Medical-Oncology and Medical Surgical Units, House Supervisors and the Flex Staff. The position is one of leadership and will supervise Medical Oncology Manager, Medical Surgical Manager, House Supervisors, and Flex staff employees.
* Exhibits a professional appearance at all times in the work environment.
* As a representative of Terre Haute Regional Hospital, a pleasant demeanor and professional communication style is required.
* Demonstrates excellent customer service skills to patients, physicians, visitors and co-workers.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own attendance and tardiness.
* Actively seeks to learn the department s/hospital s processes and participates in improving them to meet the hospital s patient/customer focus, as evidenced by suggestions, reporting occurrences, team participation
* Demonstrates leadership in patient care and operating activities, directing all personnel and services in several multidisciplinary departments
* Provides leadership in establishing superior levels of performance in each department and in departmental personnel
* Assumes the responsibility for the delivery of safe, competent patient care, professional practice, and customer service in the multiple departments within the scope of responsibility
* Shares information about the hospital, the division, and the departments at least monthly with management staff, actively seeking input to improve customer services
* Assures annual performance reviews/competencies of department s staff are completed on schedule
ESSENTIAL EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana
* Licensure in professional specialty as required by the State of Indiana.
* Five (5) years healthcare experience
* Above average communication skills in all forms
Last Edited: 08/29/2016