Nurse Educator 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Nurse Educator candidates to support Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, located at Bethesda Maryland.
* Participates in the development, planning, coordination and implementation of didactic presentations and clinical rotations in accordance with established plan of instruction (POI). Ensures current nursing theory, best practice models, and evidenced-based models are incorporated into learning activities. Assesses learning objectives, provides guidance to students, and identifies sources of information. Reviews course materials for clarity, educational adequacy, and accomplishment of objectives. Provides assistance in the recruitment, audit, and evaluation of lecturers. Serves as a mentor and coach to novice instructors. Advises leadership of the strengths/weaknesses of instructors/lecturers. Participates in item writing, test development, and the evaluation of overall course effectiveness by reviewing examination questions against regulatory guidelines. Observes, guides. and directs students in the provision of comprehensive nursing care to acute and chronic medical surgical patients, and to other healthcare members who are involved in developing and presenting education programs to the students. Prepares and presents formal classes, on selected topics, and conducts informal teaching sessions at the patient s bedside. Participates in faculty meetings, VTCs, and training sessions. Serves as continuing education coordinator. Develops criteria for continuing education programs based upon current established guidelines set up by official accreditation organizations. Evaluates the effectiveness of the continuing nursing educational program.
* Oversees, counsels, and evaluates clinical and didactic student performance, based on written tests, individual research and independent study, oral presentations, and direct clinical observation. Acts as the academic counselor for multiple students, as needed. Provides written documentation of counseling sessions. Writes academic efficiency reports (AERs) on an assigned number of students. Assists with, and performs, course evaluations, instructor and clinical evaluations, and examination critiques, in accordance with policies and directives. Maintains direct oversight, and management responsibility, for students during their clinical internship rotations. Responsible for patient care assignments, students performance of all assigned tasks, and evaluation of work progress. Plans for, develops, and conducts educational training and instruction on procedures; such as, but not limited to, patient data collection and documentation, patient records maintenance, and medication management. Recommends clinical placement of course graduates, based upon documented individual proficiency and stated professional goals.
* Integrates research and current literature, through the use of internet, into educational activities and assists the students in this endeavor with their projects. Participates in performance improvement projects, established by course officials and educational directives. Maintains accurate, retrievable, and confidential education records, in compliance with departmental, organizational, and external agency requirements. Participates in peer review procedures. Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of continuing education programs, offered through the medical treatment facility (MTF). Assists in the education and development of faculty assigned to the Department by providing in-services on nursing, health care, and education.
* Performs as either a medical-surgical or critical care clinical faculty coordinator and serves as a resource and/or subject matter expert for HPE staff. As medical-surgical clinical faculty coordinator, serves the following specialties: dialysis, maternal-child health (labor/delivery/ postpartum), pediatrics, psychiatry, wounded warrior care, medical and surgical Services. As critical care clinical faculty coordinator, serves the following specialties: emergency department, surgical intensive care unit (ICU), medical ICU, pediatric ICU, neonatal ICU, trauma services. Oversees, coordinates, plans, implements and evaluates the medical-surgical or critical care module. Formulates the schedule for medical-surgical/critical care classes and clinical rotations, making changes, as necessary. Ensures students are provided up-to-date lesson plans, handouts, and skill laboratory training requirements. Oversees and counsels instructors, as assigned. Follows applicable policies for examination and testing procedures. Provides nursing in-services, presentations, informal bedside teaching, and consultation to students and staff. Collaborates with management staff to maintain an academic environment, conducive to student learning, and to reinforce professional accountability. Serves as a role model for students to emulate, as a knowledgeable, technically competent, and compassionate care provider. As directed, assumes course management responsibility.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Clearance: NACI
* Must be US Citizen
* Five (5) years of working experience.