Nurse Liaison - MFB Inpatient Rehab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited, rehabilitation hospital with 167 inpatient beds - 119 acute and 48 sub-acute. There are numerous outpatient programs as well as home and community services. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
The Mary Free Bed Nurse Liaison works in coordination with the admissions team and physicians with Mary Free Bed Medical Directors to:
* Coordinate efforts within the admissions office to ensure timely response to acute care hospital referrals
* Screen patients for appropriateness of inpatient admission to Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital using the MFB admission criteria
* Communicate with the consulting physician and report the decision of the physician to the patient, family members, and the discharge planner from the referring hospital
* As appropriate, facilitate admissions to Mary Free Bed, including required pre-authorization and pre-admission documentation
* Work with MFB Network Partners with the goal of problem solving and facilitating referrals to the appropriate level of rehabilitation.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* For MFBMG consultations: Assures the timely and efficient response to consultations/referrals that are both local and regional. Obtains and prepares relevant information for the rehabilitation physician to review. Communicates the decision of the MFBMG physician to the patient, family, and discharge planner from the referring hospital in a clear and positive manner. Working with the MFBMG physician, completes medical record documentation in accordance with referring hospital's policies and procedures.
* For those referrals that are appropriate for admission to MFB: In collaboration with the acute care hospital staff, collects appropriate patient information and completes the MFB documentation that is required for admission. Provides patient and family education related to inpatient rehabilitation at MFB. Collaborates with the referring hospital staff, MFB inpatient staff and MFBMG physician to determine an admission plan, and to set a date and time that is appropriate for the patient and meets the needs of the referring hospital.
* Completes the pre-admission screen and assures that appropriate physician review is completed prior to admission.
* Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all referrals sources. Facilitates professional communication with each employee of the referring hospital. Demonstrates excellent customer service standards and behaviors. Encourages, coaches, and monitors teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discreetly and sensitively with confidential information.
* Monitors customer satisfaction and facilitates problem solving with the MFBMG physicians, patients and families, and referral sources. Encourages a culture of personal accountability, solution-seeking behavior, mutual respect, open communication, openness to change, enthusiasm, and pride.
* Maintains a high level of current knowledge about each referral hospital and the associated patient populations.
* Develops and maintains excellent working relationship with Network Partners and their admissions team.
* Maintains appropriate credentialing certification at all required facilities.
* Works with admissions secretaries to ensure efficient processing of information.
Essential Job Qualifications: * Licensed Nurse preferably with Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) Certification with 3 years of practice required
* A minimum of 3 years of relevant clinical experience is required, significant rehabilitation experience is preferred.
* Time management and organizational skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Able to respond to a highly variable workload including flexibility of work hours
* Able to maintain effective communication with multiple physicians and referral hospital employees.
* Excellent computer skills with specific ability to use Microsoft Outlook, MFB's Affinity EMR, Cerner, and the Allscripts program for referral management.
* Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)