Nurse Manager - IV Nursing Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care has the prestigious Magnet designation with two acute care hospitals located in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware. U.S. News & World Report today named Christiana Care among America s Best Hospitals , citing us as one of the Top 50 Hospitals in the nation both for the specialty of Gynecology and the specialty of Diabetes & Endocrinology.
U.S. News also lists us as a high performing hospital in 10 other specialties and ranks us No. 1 hospital in Delaware. The publication evaluated nearly 5,000 hospitals and Christiana Care was one of just 144 or three percent to make the list.
Christiana Care Health System is seeking a Nurse Manager to work at our Christiana Hospital on IV Nursing Team.
To assume 24 hour accountability and responsibility for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care on a medical unit within Christiana Care Health Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs.
* Assures compliance with regulatory and professional standards.
* Identifies priorities of management responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to delegate.
* Develops and maintains method to ensure patient satisfaction on assigned unit.
* Performs routine patient rounds on assigned unit to establish visibility, teamwork, and monitoring the level of care/practice.
* Remains cognizant of risk management issues, and takes appropriate measures to correct.
* Supports and communicates Department of Nursing, Department of Pathology, and unit based PI initiatives.
* Manages nursing practice and care delivery in designated unit.
* Promotes the autonomy of the nursing staff, encouraging independent decision making and problem solving.
* Implements shared decision-making on unit.
* Develops and sustains an environment on unit that supports excellence in clinical nursing practice and patient care through
* planning and implementation of programs that support positive patient care outcomes.
* Responsible for unit time schedule, allocating paid time off to meet staffing needs for the patients.
* Maintains position control in a cost-effective manner.
* Interviews and hires potential employees.
* Coaches, disciplines and evaluates staff according to CCHS policy.
* Maintains accurate employee files, including licensure of professional staff.
* Plans, holds and documents monthly staff meetings, communicating all appropriate information.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information.
* Identifies and monitors operational costs in an efficient manner.
* Facilitates cooperative and collaborative relationships among departments to ensure effective quality patient care delivery.
* Demonstrates and promotes positive interpersonal communication skills all the time.
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Registered Nurse. Current licensure in the State of Delaware
* Master s Degree required.
* BSN and Master s degree or alternatively, a Bachelor s degree and Masters of Science in Nursing; able to complete within three years of start date.
* Professional certification required; able to complete within 6 months of hire. Nurse Leader certification preferred.
* Five years of appropriate clinical and leadership experience.
* BCLS Certification required
WORK SHIFT: Day Shf, Rotat All M/D/E
POSITION TYPE: Management
JOB REQUISITION #: 37956BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Geriatric, Medical, Endocrinology, Pathology, Nursing, Healthcare Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.