Nurse Manager Neuroscience
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00050-6487
OCALA HEALTH IS THE HEALTH ORGANIZATION WHICH ENCOMPASSES OCALA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, A 200-BED FACILITY LOCATED IN THE HEART OF OCALA, AND WEST MARION COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County. The organization includes the only Commission on Cancer approved cancer center in Marion County and inpatient Joint Care Center. It offers a host of medical services including bariatric surgery, cardiac and vascular, emergency, neurological and rehabilitation services and a variety of outpatient services.
Nurse Manager Neuroscience
Coordinates and assists in the successful care of the patient by developing long term and short term goals, implementing plans. Review/revise policies and procedures as necessary. Provide education to patients, family and staff as needed. Facilitates relationships with physicians. Additional responsibilities include (but not limited to):
1. Organize assist and facilitate the delivery of care to the patient in compliance with hospital and nursing policies, procedures and standards of care.
2. Documents patient care according to all applicable policies.
3. Initiates discharge planning and coordinate with case management as appropriate.
4. Recognizes, reports and documents symptoms of complications or changes in patient condition.
5. Plans and provides patient and family education as needed.
6. Communicates status of daily operations to unit director.
7. Handles patient and physician complaints with tact.
8. Assists in orientation of new personnel.
9. Maintains knowledge of diagnostic tests and reports abnormalities to physician as appropriate.
10. Maintains professional interdepartmental relations throughout the hospital.
11. Serves as resources person for staff and physicians.
12. Assists unit director in performance improvement activities for the unit.
13. Effectively problem solves issues related to patient care or unit operations.
14. Rounds with physicians and communicates patient status in a clear and concise manner.
15. Participates in meetings and committees as assigned.
16. Cultivates relationships with physicians and office staff.
17. Assist with bed assignments.
18. Assists with staff education and in-servicing to assure competency in the care of patients.
19. Assists, participates, educates for HCAHPS/patient satisfaction success.
20. Successfully manages operations duties within department payroll (Kronos), scheduling of staff and system maintenance.
21. Assists Director with supervision and management of staff, completion of evaluations, verbal to written counseling, maintain interdepartmental employee folders.
22 Completes other duties as assigned
Neuroscience specific clinical Manager Duties
1. Assesses patient caregiver needs throughout the Neuroscience care continuum of care. Addresses discharge planning needs, education, patient involvement and interdisciplinary collaboration as appropriate.
2. Participates and leads in evaluating our Spine/Stroke program performance as evidenced by selected performance measures/metrics and outcomes.
3. Identifies, Leads our Spine/Stroke education and training in conjunction with education department
* Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
* Current Florida State Registered Nurse License
* Current BLS, ACLS
Previous experience (1-3 years) in an acute care setting required.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Last Edited: 08/24/2016