Nurse Manager Nursing Informatics 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for NURSE MANAGER NURSING INFORMATICS for our client in CLEVELAND, OH
JOB TITLE: NURSE MANAGER NURSING INFORMATICS
JOB LOCATION: CLEVELAND, OH
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
* Required NurseManager Nursing Informatics
* Responsible for the design, development, implementation, modification, and evaluation of all automated systems for the Nursing Institute.
* Develops and recommends solutions, both automated and manual, to enhance functionality.
* Manages the nursing aspects related to the implementation of major clinical and medical systems.
* Responsible for the management of nursing and ancillary project teams associated with the development or implementation of clinical and financial information systems.
* Manages the development and implementation of automated clinical information systems for the Nursing Institute and the integration / interface to all other hospital systems.
* Ensures automated systems conform to accreditation standards such as JCAHO and HCFA, and to standards set by other regulatory agencies.
* Assists ITD and other support departments in planning and organizing of technical information in clinical areas and ensures compatibility with financial and other hospital information systems.
* Develops and reviews the matrices of the organization, processes, applications, and data relations to assist in defining, documenting, recommending changes to the CC Information Architecture.
* Chairs and advises multi-disciplinary committees to determine system solutions to ensure patient medical needs are met.
* Responsible for liaison activities between ITD, other CC departments, and the Nursing Institute to plan, document, and maintain automation of patient care activities related to the nursing functions, procedures and protocols.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* BSN required.
* Master's in Nursing Informatics or related field preferred.
* Current state licensure as an Registered Nurse (RN).
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
* In-depth knowledge of clinical nursing theory, practice, and health care delivery systems.
* Advanced knowledge of information systems as applied and integrated with nursing practice including clinical and financial systems related to health care.
* Knowledge of JCAHO and HCFA requirements pertaining to clinical care knowledge of EMR documentation.
* Five years clinical experience in a hospital or major medical center to include various facets of nursing administration such as first line manager and project manager responsibility for the integration of information systems and clinical practice.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
* Nursing informatics
* The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of nursing management experience.
* They will have their BSN, RN, and preferably their Master in Nursing Informatics.
* They will have experience with EPIC systems.