Nurse Manager Operating Room/Procedural
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The nurse manager is responsible for the planning, administration, and evaluation of patient care.
* Works collaboratively in identifying overall patient, staff and unit needs and recommends and implements strategies to meet those needs.
* Ensures the clinical competence of all care givers responsible for direct patient care.
* Works collaboratively with other health care providers, facilitates inter-departmental communication, and mentors staff in coordinating the efforts of all disciplines into a cohesive plan for patients.
* Responsible for the unit-based orientation of new personnel, ongoing staff development, and quality assurance/quality improvement activities. Also responsible for the recruitment and retention needs of the department.
* Operationalizes the core values of the hospital by developing and sustaining an environment that supports operating efficiencies and excellence in clinical practice.
* Ensures compliance with hospital and regulatory policies and standards of practice.
* Responsible for ongoing financial as well as operational performance of all areas of responsibility.
* BSN required, Master's Degree required.
* 3-5 years experience in operating room , interventional procedural areas including cardiology, vascular and radiology.
* Specialty certification preferred
Newton-Wellesley Hospital will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, veteran or active military status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.