Nurse Manager Progressive Care Unit (Transitional Care)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 2/9/2017
Fort Walton Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01307-6563
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are the parent company of the Destin Emergency Care Center (DECC) and the Rehabilitation Institute, both located on Airport Road in Destin.
Nurse Manager Progressive Care Unit (Transitional Care)
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the Department to accomplish the mission of FWBMC.
1. Develops and administers unit specific services as necessary.
2. Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as, nursing medical, respiratory care, laboratory, pharmaceutical and public relations.
3. Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operation of the nursing unit.
4. Administers and appraises Quality Improvement within the services provided.
5. Works with director on the hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching and development of staff.
6. Manages the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the unit to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
7. Works with director to develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
8. Gives input to Director on Disaster Preparedness policies and procedures for the organization.
9. Responsible for twenty four-hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
10. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
12. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient s care which results in patient harm.
13. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
14. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
15. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
16. Other duties as assigned.
A. Core Competencies:
1. SERVICE: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for unreasonable patient/customer expectations
2. QUALITY/ETHICS/INTEGRITY: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large ones; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of his/her work
3. RELATIONSHIPS: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements
4. ADAPTABILITY: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change
B. JOB SPECIFIC: As defined in department specific competencies
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing required
* BSN preferred
* State of Florida RN License required
* BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
* ACLS within 90 days of hire required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Acute care experience required
* Cardiovascular step-down experience preferred
* Management experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician s orders
* Knowledge of body substance isolation
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Basic computer skills
CUSTOMERS SERVED: All employees, staff of Fort Walton Beach Medical Center in both clinical and non-clinical departments, including patients/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract, students and the community.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Last Edited: 08/11/2016