Nurse Manager - (Tele / ICU) 9/2/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for NURSE MANAGER - (TELE/ICU) for our client in SOUTH BAY, CA
JOB TITLE: NURSE MANAGER - (TELE/ICU)
JOB LOCATION: SOUTH BAY, CA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Qualities in a Nurse Manager :
* Good clinical skills
* CA licensed
* Strong leadership skills
* Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
* Quality of care
* Treat staff and patients kindly
* Staffing and scheduling
* Performance improvement
* Responsible for the overall direction and supervision of patient care activities and nursing personnel of a nursing unit. Consults with staff, physicians, and Chief Nursing Officer on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Ensures nursing staff follows policy and procedures, participates in the investigation and preparation of reports. Ensures adequate staffing for nursing units. Has authority and responsibility for implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice related to all nursing care areas and functions. Acts as the administrative representative in the absence of Chief Clinical Officer.
* Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
* Additional state requirements as applicable. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
* Licenses/Certification: Registered Nurse in the State. BCLS and ACLS Certification.
* Experience Minimum three years' experience in all aspects of medical surgical nursing. Minimum two years' supervisory experience preferred.
* A: Job Specific
* Responsible for the direction of the unit's nursing staff.
* Assesses staff competency of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
* Ensures change of shift is conducted appropriately and staff is informed regarding conditions of patients, follow up actions requirements and any special conditions.
* Ensures staff is competent to adequately assess and reassess pain, can utilize appropriate pain management techniques and educates the patient and family regarding pain management, ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment and evaluate the overall plan daily for effectiveness.
* Ensures staff is competent to perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.