Nurse Manager, Women's Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25121-83479
The MANAGER, WOMEN S SERVICES is responsible for the efficient, effective running of the assigned unit(s). This includes, but is not limited to management of the budget, provision of patient care services, performance improvement, compliance with regulatory standards, and business development. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in department.
* Effectively allocates financial, physical and human resources to ensure that operations are effective and efficient.
* Advances organizational mission.
* Demonstrates sound knowledge base in nursing practice and its clinical application to the patient population served in the unit, including the operation of equipment, and policy and procedures used in the delivery of patient care in the unit. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided.
* Maintains communication with other members of the management team regarding potential/actual problems or concerns, and with Medical Staff issues. Assists with establishing and maintaining communication channels with Medical Staff and other departments in the Hospital.
* Operates across organizational boundaries and recognizes implications of actions and plans.
* Identifies critical changes required to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Establishes clear Operational Unit goals and hold staff accountable for their responsibilities and performance.
* Fosters development of Department/Unit employees to enhance their ability to contribute to meet business goals.
* Develops effective quality processes to improve quality of the department and hospital.
* Facilitates staff education regarding current quality initiatives.
* Communicates directly with the director/manager on unit and staff performance issues needing attention.
* Maintains effective utilization and maintenance of manpower, equipment, and supplies.
* Actively participates in appropriate Department and Hospital committees and ensures that unit personnel are involved in this process as appropriate.
Associate s degree required; BSN preferred. BSN will be required within 3 years of employment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
Texas State RN license.
Compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire;
Current BLS required;
ACLS, BLS and NRP required;
Specialty Certification is required / maintained.
Last Edited: 08/19/2016