Nurse Manager - Women's Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01323-9842
Days (rotating weekends)
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 318-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. Completed in April 1997 with over $125 million in expansions, Osceola Regional Medical Center is designed to be patient friendly that blends comprehensive state-of-the-art medical technology with the highest level of comfort and convenience possible for patients and visitors. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women s Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter s Creek ER.
Nurse Manager of Women s Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership and directs functions of assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis; ensure effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Provides leadership and demonstrates responsibility and accountability for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for assigned departments on a 24 hour basis. Ensures department's standard of nursing practice, nursing policies and procedures meet legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
* Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
* Develops and implements+ ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
* Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
* Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
* Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
* Florida RN licensure.
* Previous experience in an acute care setting.
* Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
* BLS required.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Last Edited: 08/22/2016