Nurse / Patient Trainer / LVN / LPN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlere Home Monitoring is the largest, most experienced home INR monitoring service provider in the country. As the leader in the industry and a Medicare (CMS) approved IDTF, weve helped over 16,000 users tracking 500,000 patients and 36 million INR tests by providing the critical tools needed to safely manage anticoagulation therapy.
Our broad range of solutions include fingerstick monitors for real time INR visibility at home or point of care, decision support applications, centralized patient management software, and health management support for individuals testing at home. This process is proven to be the superior standard of care for monitoring warfarin and the most cost effective oral anticoagulant.
We have earned the Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations national standards for health care quality and safety in home care.
We improve clinical, operational and economic outcomes for physicians, and offer more reedom and better quality of life for patients. For our customers, Knowing Now MattersTM.
The Patient Trainer will provide initial training to Alere's home testing patients in the proper use and care of the PT/INR products and to document the patient's demonstrated ability to use the products in accordance with their physician's instructions.
* The Trainer will provide training services to individuals on behalf of Alere on an assigned basis within the general geographic location of the Trainer's home or work location in accordance with Alere's Patient Training Policies and Procedures.
* The Trainer is not obligated to accept a training assignment, however, if they repeatedly fail to accept training assignments or do not respond to phone messages or emails sent by the training coordinator, Alere reserves the right to place the trainer on hold or terminate the training relationship.
* The demand for Training Services is influenced by many factors outside of the direct control of Alere. Therefore, Alere cannot guarantee that the trainer will receive a guaranteed or minimum number of assignments during any specific period of time.
* All training assignments will be initiated by the Alere Training Logistics team. Following receipt of the Training Services order (TSO), the Trainer should contact the patient within 48 hours and Alere within three days to communicate an anticipated training date (mutually agreed upon by you and the patient.) Ideally, the training should be completed within 10 days of acceptance of the Training Service Order (TSO), but should never exceed 14 days from acceptance of the TSO. If either Trainer or patient is unavailable to complete the training within that time frame, the Alere training coordinator must be notified.
* The patient should be trained only on the meter that has been assigned to them. Comparison of the serial number on the delivery order that on the meter must be completed prior to training the patient. No substitutions can be made without approval from Alere.
In accordance with HIPAA regulations Alere will communicate necessary Protected Health Information (PHI) on the Training Service Order to the Trainer through secure encrypted email. The Trainer is expected to have a secure email address in order to receive encrypted email communications. If the trainer currently does not have one of these web based mail products, Alere will ask that the trainer sign up for a free Gmail account.
The Trainer will be reimbursed for pre-approved business related expenses associated with the training of the patient.
** This Position is based out of Hemingford Nebraska, please only apply if you are located near or in this location. Must be willing to travel up to 100 miles.**
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* The Patient Trainer must have a current LVN/LPN or above license.
* Direct experience/exposure to anticoagulation managment or allied health is preferred.
REAUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND INNOCULATIONS
* Completion of the University of Southern Indiana (USI) - Anticoagulation Patient Self Testing Educator Certificate Program is a prerequisite for employment.
* Alere will pay the course fees and provide access to this course.
* Receiving assignments is dependent on successful completion of this course.
* Participation in an educational opportunity one time per year provided by Alere.
* Bloodborne Pathogen training
* New trainers are required to complete the training prior to being eligible for training assignments.
* Current proof of completition within the last 12 months from another source may be accepted.
* Completion of this course is required annually.
* Hepatitis B Vaccination
* New trainers are required to provide documentation demonstrating the initiation of the HepB series completion or statement of declination prior to being eligible for training assignments.
* HIPAA training
* New Trainers are required to complete the training prior to being eligible for training assignments.
* Current proff of completion from another source may be accepted.
* TB Test
* Provide proof of a negative PPD test within the last 12 months.
* New trainers are required to submit proof of completion prior to being eligible for training assignments.
* An annual health screening questionnaire will be completed each year.
* Employment for new trainers requires successful completion of a consumer report (background check) and pre-employment drug screening. Note: Florida trainers only-there is an additional step required for the state of Florida. You will be contact by someone on the Alere team.
* Compensation is determined by the Trainer's geographic location and complies with allowable CMS/Medicare reimbursement rates for this type of service. Rates will be evaluated on a yearly basis to maintain fair market practices. trainer will receive written notice prior to any adjustment in compensation.
* Trainer will be paid for training assignment(s) and related expenses after receipt of completed training documents and the Daily Training Activity Report.
o ALERE LLC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER WITH A COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY. ALL INDIVIDUALS, REGARDLESS OF PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS, ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. IF YOU NEED ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY PART OF THE EMPLOYMENT PROCESS BECAUSE OF A DISABILITY PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO ELIZABETH.DELFINO@ALERE.COM TO LET US KNOW THE NATURE OF YOUR REQUEST.