Nurse Practitioner - Anesthesia Critical Care - Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 8/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The ACM Nurse Practitioner AC NW functions as a primary care provider maintaining and promoting the health of the patient. Affects direct patient care according to the nurse practice act of the State of Texas and The Methodist Standards of Nursing Care policies and procedures.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
Preschooler (3-6 years)
School Age (6-12 years)
Adolescence (12-18 years)
Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
* Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
* Focuses on patient/customer safety
* Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
* Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
* Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20 %
1.Demonstrates leadership as clinical resource, interdisciplinary consult, and patient advocate.
2.Serves as preceptor for Nurse Practitioner students and medical resident(s).
SERVICE - 20 %
1. Manages schedule and staffing for assigned service lines.
2.Coordinates appropriate, timely patient care under physician supervision, for a defined patient population(s), focusing on identified expected unit/optimal outcomes individualized to the patient.
3.Coordinates patient care between healthcare providers. Rounds with physicians/surgeons and attends interdisciplinary rounds.
4.Conducts comprehensive health assessments (initial, ongoing, discharge), identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, develops plan of care, initiates appropriate interventions, and evaluates care outcomes on defined patient populations(s).
5.Performs delegated functions under physician supervision, such as differential diagnosis, use of prescriptive authority, and treatment according to practice guidelines, protocols, and/or standing orders.
6.Accepts accountability for outcomes in health care.
7.Performs invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures necessary for defined patient population(s).
8.Uses critical thinking skills and clinical judgment to work autonomously as defined by the Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with healthcare team members to manage/coordinate patient care.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 35 %
1. Initiates outcome and quality improvement activities including benchmarking for NP practice.
* Maintains current licensure and credentials. Remains current in practice
3.Follows all safety rules and policies and attends all required training in a timely manner. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with staff and management regarding any hazards in the workplace.
FINANCE - 5 %
* Measures and analyzes resource allocation based on patient needs and staff experience, knowledge, and skills; contributes to unit plans for resource utilization and capital needs.
* Contributes to meeting departmental financial target on unit-based scorecard.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20 %
* Promotes quality health care through integration of current research into practice and participation in research activities.
* Participates in professional activities such as research, presentations, and publications.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
* Master s Degree in Nursing
* Three (3) years of clinical nursing experience.
* Three (3) years in Advanced Practice role preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* Registered Nurse with current Texas license
* Recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) or Acute Care Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP)
* Certified by ANCC or AANP as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) or (AG-ACNP)
* American Heart Association BLS
* Prescriptive authority privileges through the State of Texas
* American Heart Association ACLS must be obtained within 6 months of hire
* Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS) training through the Society of Critical Care Medicine must be obtained within 6 months of hire
* Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration must be obtained within 6 months of hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
* Direct patient contact
* Universal precautions required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report s Best Hospital list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of 100 Best Companies To Work For since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world. APPLY.