This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Provides direct care to research study participants and makes necessary nursing judgments. Uses the nursing process to deliver professional care and evaluation of study participant responses to study protocols and works closely with faculty, fellows, residents and nursing staff.
* Provides direct care to research study participants, including patients and volunteers, and makes necessary nursing judgments. Demonstrates clinical performance at an expert level utilizing perceptual skills which are intuitive or experience-based. Critiques own decision making and judgments regarding the care of patients.
* Demonstrates greater depth in practice focus, providing nursing consultation for atypical patient presentations, unexpected events or unusual outcomes, recurring problems on the patient care unit, or strategic planning for the future of the unit. Evaluates the results of consultation in terms of patient outcomes and ability of the consultee to handle similar problems in the future.
* Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable, and timely, patient centered care. Identifies problems and populations at risk and proposes solutions
* Works in a collaborative relationship with other health professionals to determine health care needs of patients & families. Demonstrates & role-models an interdisciplinary collaborative approach to patient care. Utilizes negotiation & conflict resolution skills to foster collaborative and collegial relationships. Participates in quality improvement activities & other clinical investigations.
* Participates in activities that contribute to the ongoing development of self and others. Responsible for maintaining annual mandatory educational requirements, which include emergency skills and unit based competencies. Self-evaluation of practice, in particular, unexpected outcomes are identified and other courses of action are considered
* Master's degree in Nursing required.
* License Nurse Practitioner License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA.
* MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG.
* American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate and completion of CITI training within 6 weeks of hire and recertification every three years thereafter.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO)
The CCTO provides infrastructure and services to thirteen individual cancer disease programs. This group oversees 35 clinical research assistants, 11 research nurses, 4 regulatory specialists and a program coordinator that oversee nearly 500 clinical trials. The CCTO provides the following: Centralized coordination of new trial submission and oversight of all regulatory requirements; Hiring, training, and mentoring to the CCTO clinical research assistants and research nurses.; Guidance and support to all disease groups within the CCTO; Collaboration with the DF/HCC with seats on the IRB, SRC and Operations Committee and acts as liaison with the greater BIDMC oncology, research and general communities.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf