Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Brookline, MAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Beth Israel Deaconess... Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Brookline, MA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Provides direct patient care in an office setting relative to physical diagnosis and therapeutic management independently, using physician consultation where appropriate.
Essential Responsibilities: - Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the plan of care for a panel of patients. Evaluates individual health care status of patients, including eliciting a patient history, performance of physical examination, ordering of screening and diagnostic tests, risk assessment and interprets this information to establish a diagnosis.
- Develops and implements a plan of care, including treatments, medications and the like within defined guidelines for practice. Provides care to the patient in a manner that incorporates the principles of patient satisfaction and delivery of cost effective care. Participates in the development and evaluation of practice guidelines.
- Monitors the individual's response to therapy and revises the plan, as indicated, with particular attention to education and counseling and encouragement of self-care. Provides ongoing individualized patient orientation to APG/BIDHC and the BIDMC. Seeks consultation from the consulting physician and other members of the healthcare team. Makes appropriate referrals as indicated by patient needs.
- Collaborates with colleagues in APG/BIDHC and community to develop an effective patient care program. Maximizes available resources and incorporates multidisciplinary services into program design and implementation. Participates in quality and process improvement activities to improve patient care and/or related systems.
- The Geriatric Nurse Practitioner provides care in one or a combination of the following settings:
subacute rehabilitation, long term care, nursing home and home care environment.
Required Qualifications: - Master's degree required in Nursing.
- License required:
Nursing License,Certificate 1 required:
Basic Life Support
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA
- MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
- American Heart Association-Basic Life Support Certificate
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Preferred Qualifications:- Geriatric care graduate nursing education.
- Nurse Practitioner experience with part of that time dealing with geriatric patients.
Competencies:- Written Communications:
Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:
Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work:
Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service:
Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups:
30 - 60 years, Elderly:
Physical Nature of the Job:
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.Department DescriptionBased in the Greater Boston area as well as in Needham and throughout west suburban Boston, we deliver sub-acute care, long term care, assisted living care and home care to our patient population. Our team of physicians and nurse practitioners bring clinical care to our patients at 30 skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities as well as in patients' private homes. Affiliated with BIDMC and BID Needham.