Nurse Practitioner Coordinator - Pediatrics 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NYU LUTHERAN is an academic, community health care and social support system that includes NYU Lutheran Medical Center, NYU Lutheran Family Health Centers, Augustana Center, senior housing, and Community Care Organization. NYU Lutheran Medical Center, founded in 1883, is a full service 450-bed academic teaching, tertiary care hospital that serves as the hub of NYU Lutheran. It includes a Level I Trauma Center, a N.Y.S. designated Stroke Center, STEMI Center, and a bariatric center of excellence.
We are currently seeking an experienced NURSE PRACTITIONER COORDINATOR to join our dynamic team. This full time role, serves as a liaison to nursing, care management, hospital administration, and other hospital departments.
Key responsibilities include:
* Managing the scheduling of sub-specialty clinics.
* Standardizing quality, safety and patient satisfaction metrics across the outpatient and inpatient continuum.
* Standardizing protocols for transitions in care across the outpatient and inpatient continuum, including the Emergency Department and transport to NYU.
* Assisting in the integration of performance excellence across the subspecialty clinics.
* Collaborating with the Director of Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants, and the division chief of the clinical department in the recruitment, retention, and human resource management of the nurse practitioners and physician assistants assigned to respective service.
* Providing leadership and developing effective team building.
* Developing and maintaining policies, standards and processes pertaining to all aspects of patient care.
* Setting departmental goals in collaboration with division chief and other key personnel.
* Participating in relevant hospital-wide committees.
* Acting as a liaison between inpatient and outpatient areas to assure continuity of care.
* Participating in evaluations of the fellows, residents and interns as needed.
* Collaborating with division chief and office administrators to ensure that systems supportive of clinical care function smoothly.
To qualify, you must possess a Registered Professional Nurse License in New York State, and a Master's Degree in Nursing. ANCC or AANP certification as Nurse Practitioner and a minimum of five years in advanced practice nursing is required. Superior oral/written communication, multitasking, leadership and problem solving skills are all essential.
NYU LUTHERAN MEDICAL CENTER