Nurse Practitioner Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Functions as a primary care provider maintaining and promoting the health of the patient requiring acute care. Affects direct patient care according to the nurse practice act of the State of Texas and The Methodist Standards of Nursing Care policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates appropriate, timely patient care from unit admission to unit discharge, under physician supervision, for a defined patient population(s), focusing on identified expected unit/optimal outcomes individualized to the patient.
2. Coordinates patient care between healthcare providers. Rounds with physicians/surgeons and attends interdisciplinary rounds.
3. Conducts comprehensive health assessments (initial, ongoing, discharge), identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, develops plan of care, initiates appropriate interventions, and evaluates care outcomes on defined patient populations(s).
4. Performs delegated functions under physician supervision, such as differential diagnosis, use of prescriptive authority, and treatment according to practice guidelines, protocols, and/or standing orders. Accepts accountability for outcomes in health care.
5. Performs invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures necessary for defined patient population(s).
6. Uses critical thinking skills and clinical judgment to work autonomously as defined by the Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with healthcare team members to manage/coordinate patient care.
7. Demonstrates leadership as clinical resource, interdisciplinary consult, and patient advocate. Serves as preceptor for Nursepractitionerstudents and medical resident(s).
8. Promotes quality health care through integration of current research into practice and participation in research activities.
9. Maintains current licensure and credentials. Remains current in practice.
10. Participates in professional activities such as research, presentations, and publications.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse with current Texas license. Masters Degree in Nursing. Credentialed by the Texas Board of Nursing as Advanced Practice Nurse. Prescriptive authority privileges through the State of Texas
Required minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience. Preferred minimum of 2 years in Advanced Practice role. Must be able to communicate effectively in English
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Credentialed by the Texas Board of Nursing as Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriptive authority privileges through the State of Texas
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.