Nurse Practitioner - GI - Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Functions as a primary care provider maintaining and promoting the health of the patient. Affects direct patient care according to the nurse practice act of the State of Texas and The Methodist Standards of Nursing Care policies and procedures.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Serves all age groups
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates appropriate, timely patient care under physician supervision, for a defined patient population in an outpatient setting, focusing on identified outcomes individualized to the patient.
2. Coordinates patient care between healthcare providers
3. Conducts comprehensive health assessments, identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, develops plan of care, initiates appropriate interventions, and evaluates care outcomes.
4. Performs delegated functions under physician supervision, such as differential diagnosis, use of prescriptive authority, and treatment according to practice guidelines, protocols, and/or standing orders. Accepts accountability for outcomes in health care.
5. Requests invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures necessary to assist in establishing defined patient outcomes.
6. Uses critical thinking skills and clinical judgment to work autonomously as defined by the Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with healthcare team members to manage/coordinate patient care.
7. Demonstrates leadership as clinical resource, interdisciplinary consult, and patient advocate. Serves as preceptor for Nurse Practitioner students and medical resident(s).
8. Promotes quality health care through integration of current research into practice and participation in research activities.
9. Maintains current licensure and credentials. Remains current in practice.
10. Participates in professional activities.
11. Demonstrates the components of ICARE values statement.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master s degree in Nursing.
Required minimum three (3) years of clinical nursing experience.
Prefer a minimum of 2 years in Advanced Practice role.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Registered Nurse with current Texas license
Credentialed by the Texas Board of Nursing as Advanced Practice Nurse(NP)
Prescriptive authority privileges through the State of Texas
Requires American Heart Association BLS certification.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Prolonged standing and walking
Must be able to lift, mobilize, and assist patients as needed in order to complete examinations/procedures.
Direct patient contact
Universal precautions required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.