This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
BTL Technologies, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Maxwell AFB, AL
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Industry: Government Contracting - Medical Staffing Solutions/IT Services
Job Type: Nurse Practitioner
BTL Technologies, Inc. is a Texas corporation that provides contract staff augmentation to various government agencies in the United States. The company is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with operations at government facilities in various states. Our mission is to provide Workforce Solutions that help our clients achieve success!
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE FOR THIS POSITION IS SEPTEMBER 6, 2016 TO MAY 4, 2017
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Treats patients with common acute conditions, illnesses, or minor trauma within acceptable protocols, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or in collaboration with a physician.
* Collaborate with the physician in the health care of patients with chronic illnesses
* Requests consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
* Order diagnostic tests as applicable
* Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
* Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling
* Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness
* Maintains compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility.
* Participates in committees, functions, and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives and medical readiness activities designed to enhance health services.
* Ensures for proper documentation of procedures and treatments.
* Participates in the orientation, training, and evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned personnel as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited college of nursing.
* Must possess current advanced practice nursing license in one of the 50 states in the US, DC, Puerto Rico, Guam, or the Virgin Islands.
* Must possess and maintain a current DEA registration number. Advance Practice license must correspond to DEA registration number.
* Must be certified through a recognized credentialing authority such as the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, or the National Registry of Nurse Practitioners.
* Must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications
* Minimum two years experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably in a Family Practice or Primary Care environment
* Previous working knowledge of the military health care system including TRICARE health benefits or a working knowledge of the principles of fee-for-service
* Must possess sufficient experience to be able to adequately diagnose, treat and perform the full spectrum of outpatient medical care to include the following: minor surgical procedures, GYN, orthopedic, respiratory, cardiac, gastrointestinal, endocrine and neurological conditions.
* Must possess knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care
* Must possess excellent patient assessment skills and be able to react quickly in emergency situations.
* Must be able to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
* Must be able to communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of individuals for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions or for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
* Must possess excellent written communication skills.