Nurse Practitioner - NP - Palliative Care at Home
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Wheat Ridge, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Lutheran Hospice is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Wheat Ridge, Colo. (estab. 1985)
* Provides comprehensive & compassionate end-of-life care
Services & Expertise
* Provides medical, emotional & spiritual care to patients & families
* Serves patients & families in their homes & other care settings
* Provides inpatient care for management of acute symptoms at our beautiful, freestanding Collier Hospice Center
* Offers ongoing bereavement support groups, counseling & resources for families, caregivers & community
* All physicians are Hospice & Palliative Care certified
* Accredited by The Joint Commission
The Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner provides direct and indirect care to patients and families experiencing chronic and/or terminal illness. Responsibility for daily clinic consultations, program development and education.
* Provides independent and advanced professional nursing care through assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
* Functions independently to perform physical assessments of Hospice and Palliative care patients, discriminating between normal and abnormal findings using sound judgment and critical problem solving skills.
* Initiates appropriate actions, pain and symptom management in consultation with Medical Director of Hospice and Palliative Care.
* Leads collaborative care planning with medical providers as well as interdisciplinary team members.
* Includes the patient and family members/caregivers and utilizes empathic presence, active listening and facilitation of communication among interdisciplinary team members to achieve quality patient care.
* All care activity is focused toward the goal of enhancing the quality of life of the patient within Hospice and Palliative Care.
* All practice is supervised by the Medical Director of Hospice and Palliative Services or his/her designee.
* Responsible for compliance with professional, community and regulatory agency standards for the practice of Hospice and Palliative care.
The NP position for Palliative Care at Home will also occasionally cover Hospice and include some on call.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Completion of a postgraduate accredited Nurse Practitioner Program, required
* Valid license/certificate as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of practice, required
* Current prescriptive authority, required. We can consider candidates who are still in supervisory hours.
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* Minimum 5 years of nursing experience with a minimum of 1 year in a geriatric environment, required
* Minimum 1 year of experience in a Hospice or Palliative Care setting, preferred