Nurse Practitioner - Nocturnist (ICU) - St. Matthews 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT NORTON HEALTHCARE
For 130 years, Norton Healthcare's faith heritage has guided its mission to provide quality health care to all those it serves. Today, Norton Healthcare is a leader in serving adult and pediatric patients throughout Greater Louisville, Southern Indiana, the commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond. The hospital and health care system is the Louisville area's third largest private employer, providing care at more than 210 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with 1,837 licensed beds; seven outpatient centers; 13 Norton Immediate Care Centers; more than 13,000 employees; more than 750 employed medical providers; and approximately 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. In 2015 Norton Healthcare was named by Healthiest Employers as the 11th healthiest place to work in the country. More information about Norton Healthcare is available at NortonHealthcare.com
The Nurse Practitioner (APRN) is to provide healthcare to patients with an emphasis on disease prevention, health promotion, health maintenance, and supportive care. The APRN works independently as well as collaboratively to diagnose, prescribe treatment, manage and evaluate patient care. The APRN functions as an educator, healthcare resource, interdisciplinary consultant, and patient advocate.
Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions; performs other related duties
The APRN demonstrates professional development and clinical competency; knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice, and medical care for patients of all ages according to the practice specialty. Serves in a clinical role to assist the physician in ensuring total patient care. Interacts directly with patients and patient families to maximize quality patient care.
* Master's Degree in Nursing; Completion of APRN program
* Active current APRN license/work permit in the State of Kentucky
* Signed, Collaborative Agreement and valid DEA number if writing prescriptions for controlled substances.
* CPR Certification
* 3 years nursing experience with 1 year experience in specialty area
* Basic PC Skills (i.e. e-mail, common word processing, internet programs)
* Certification in area of specialty
* Spreadsheets, Power Point
SCREENING REQUIREMENTS: DRUG SCREEN, BACKGROUND CHECK, LICENSE AND EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE VERIFICATION.
NORTON HEALTHCARE offers a competitive benefit package including:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
* Short and Long Term Disability
* 403b/401k Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* College Savings Plan
* Fitness Center
* Free Parking
* Life Insurance
* Comprehensive Wellness Program
For more information please visit: Benefits at a Glance
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity