Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant-Psych Consult 8/27/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
The Department of Psychiatry at Maine Medical Center is seeking a well-qualified psychiatric nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our Consultation/Liaison Inpatient Service as a faculty clinician. Prior Psychiatric Consultation/Liaison experience is desirable but not mandatory.
The Consultation/Liaison Service at Maine Medical Center is an interdisciplinary team comprised of Psychiatrists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Social Workers. We provide consultation and liaison services to hospitalized adult inpatients admitted to our medical and surgical units. Our service is highly valued by our colleagues and we are well staffed. We currently provide over 400 new consults and follow ups each month.
In addition to clinical care, the Consultation/Liaison Service is a major teaching resource for Maine Medical Center. We offer inpatient C/L psychiatry experiences for psychiatric residents and medical students. We have a culture of continuous quality improvement and our performance in the areas of safety, quality, and satisfaction are consistently outstanding.
As an integral member of a growing regional mental health system, the consultant will provide consultation for hospitalized adults with the full spectrum of psychiatric disorders. Maine Medical Center clinicians enjoy the benefits of a flexible call schedule, generous time off, retirement plans, and comprehensive health insurance plans.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
* Advanced knowledge of nursing theory and practice, and additional specialized medical training, in order to provide expanded nursing practice at a level generally acquired through completion of concentrated study and clinical internship leading to a Master s Degree.
* Current license and registration to practice as a Registered Nurse as required in the State of Maine.
* Advanced skill and knowledge in conducting physical examinations and treating patients in expanded practice model with minimal direction at a level generally acquired through two to three years in-depth experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
* Analytical abilities necessary to obtain medical histories, conduct physical examinations, prepare complex treatment plans, and treat assigned patients with minimal guidance and direction.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of personnel (e.g., patients, employees, physicians, and other health care professionals).
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant-Psych Consult