Nurse Practitioner Rural Health
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for NURSE PRACTITIONER RURAL HEALTH for our client in COALINGA, CA
JOB TITLE: NURSE PRACTITIONER RURAL HEALTH
JOB LOCATION: COALINGA, CA
JOB TYPE: PERMANENT FULL TIME
* Required Nurse Practitioner Rural Health
* Looking for a full time permanent Nurse Practitioner - Would possibly consider someone temp to perm who was truly committed to staying on permanently.
* We are not looking for someone to come for 13 weeks and leave or just want to extend as a traveler.
* Overview of Requirements and Necessary Skill Level
* Patients are generally adult, pediatric and geriatric.
* Volume will vary from two to four per hour, and is expected to be similar to other Family Practice clinics.
* Average daily census can be 20-25per day for 10 hour shift.
* The physician consultant will be available in person or by telephone on an as-needed basis in order to consult with the nurse practitioner on diagnosis and treatment of medical problems.
* Currently our Medical Director is present at the facility to see patients and consult with the nurse practitioner every two weeks, but available on his cell phone at all times.
* Must be able to function independently in providing general pre-placement exams, preventative care, diagnosis and treatment of episodic, short term, and stable chronic health problems.
* Provisions for referring patients with unstable or acute life-threatening conditions are detailed in the clinic's established, Emergent Patient Policy and Procedure.
* NP candidate must be able to order and perform such therapeutic measures as are appropriate for a family practice: for example, patient education, cleaning, repairing and dressing of minor wounds using suture, adhesive or stapling techniques, minor orthopedic splinting of injuries, simple foreign body removal, incision and drainage of abscesses, toenail removals, irrigations of ears and eyes, and Cobalt Blue light exam and staining of eyes for potential corneal abrasions.
* Order, and interpret diagnostic testing necessary to the medical evaluation.
* Orders and interprets blood counts, serum chemistry, serum function tests and EKGs.
* Performs minor sterile surgical procedures typically seen in outpatient setting.
* Orders radiological testing, etc.
* Works within guidelines established by healthcare programs such as Family PACT, CHDP examinations and Health Maintenance Organizations.
* Days - 10 Hour shifts
* Advanced Practice
* Nurse Practitioner