Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant 8/9/2016
Casa Grande, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Seeking a highly motivated NP or PA that is interested in specializing in oncology. Due to the nature of this work, candidates must have excellent attitudes and be extremely coachable/trainable since the Dr. is willing to mentor candidate in this oncology specialty.
Official Job Description:
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is responsible for assisting the Physician in treating oncology patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist Physician in treating patients.
* Evaluate patients: take history and perform pertinent physical examination.
* Provide post surgical wound care and follow-up
* Coordinate care of patients: testing and preparation for procedures
* Record and ensure availability and completeness of documentation, reports and imaging examinations.
* Provide patient education, counseling and instruction.
* Facilitate supervising physician referral of patients to the appropriate health care facilities, agencies, or other resources of the community or other physicians
* Dictate progress notes, history and physical, and discharge summaries.
* Administer and/or order medication upon request of supervising physician
* Initiate emergency measures on patient as required
* Perform chart audits
* Provide in-service and daily consultation to nursing staff
* Initiate consultation and monitor patients for special tests
* Counsel patients as to preventive care
* Other general duties performed in a general practices outlined in F.S. Chapter 458.347
* Share on-call responsibilities with a supervising physician on back-up
* Answering physician patient calls
* All other specific tasks delegated by supervising physician in accordance to the physician assistant's knowledge and experience developed under the supervising physician
* Holds a current license and is in good standing
* Maintains certification in accordance with Department of Regulations
* Able to perform health care tasks in oncology by supervising physician efficiently and effectively consistent with patient's health and welfare
* Able to obtain and sustain clinical hospital privileges
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
* Ability to travel within the surrounding communities
* Good diagnostic capabilities
Education and/or Experience
* Graduate of an approved program or its equivalent
* Meets the standards set by the Board of Medicine