Nurse, Research Study
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder general direction of the Principal Investigator and nurse manager, the Research Nurse is responsible for implementing specific aspects of designated research protocols.
The responsibilities of the research nurse will include implementing care of study participants enrolled in research studies according to the appropriate protocol. The responsibilities may also include all aspects of study coordination.
* Explains study protocols to patients.
* Maintain files and online database on study participants.
* Maintain regulatory binders and necessary study documentation as needed.
* Conduct study visits with participants according to study protocol.
* Obtain, process, and ship blood and urine for laboratory tests on site.
* Interact with the IRB, FDA and other regulatory agencies as needed.
* Assist with recruitment and retention efforts.
* Review lab results and adverse events.
* Online data management.
* The research nurse is expected to work effectively and responsibly as a team member within the department, attend staff meetings, educational offerings and complete all required hospital, departmental and study group training, and attend ongoing research training as recommended. Some research visits start as early as 6am and may end as late as 6pm. Nurse must be available during these hours when necessary.
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
* MA license as an RN required
* Phlebotomy skills required
* Computer skills including excel, and Microsoft Word, and comfort with computer databases required
* 3-5 years of nursing experience is required.
* Clinical research experience preferred
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.