Nurse Specialist (T1)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Acts as a clinical leader with the primary goal of continuous improvement of patient outcomes and safe nursing practice. Partners with the Nursing Director in leading the professional practice at BIDMC. Maintains current professional knowledge/competencies and contributes to the advancement of nursing practice at the unit, system, local, and/or national level
* Acts as a clinical leader who supports the development of staff utilizing the latest evidence-based practice relative to safe, cost-effective, and optimal nursing care.
* Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to integrate the holistic nursing approach into a comprehensive plan of care for the patient/family. Identifies and prioritizes nursing care needs for a select population of patients/families.
* Develops and implements care conferences or programs for individual patients or populations of patients. Designs and evaluates innovative educational programs for patients/families, the community, and other healthcare providers.
* Creates and updates nursing policies, protocols, and procedures using evidence-based data to develop nurse-sensitive indicators in order to achieve positive outcomes.
* Collaborates with nurse specialists, unit based educators, and nursing directors on the creation and implementation of orientation, clinical competencies, and other clinical educational program development. Mentors nurses in the acquisition of new skills, the effective incorporation of evidence into practice, and in career development.
* Master's degree in Nursing required.
* License Nursing License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Five years of successful work experience in nursing with two years in a specialty area.
* Current Clinical Nurse Specialist certification. Current Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) license to practice in Massachusetts.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf