Nursery Department Team Leader - Farm #101-107, 127 & 258
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Attends to swine and assists in supervising people in the nursery department under direction by the Farm Supervisor by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Following Proper Grow/Finish Department Procedures:
* Adhere to procedures outlined in Seaboard training manual and procedures outlined by supervisors.
* Strive to maximize pig survivability.
* Strive to achieve performance goals.
* Complete all records accurately and timely.
* Respond in a timely fashion when notified of an alarm status.
* Follow the suggested feed program by providing diet type and amount to the Site Manager to be delivered on specific days.
* Monitor feed quality and notify supervisors of any abrupt changes.
* Ensure fresh water is available in sufficient quantities at all times.
* Adhere to all safety procedures and utilize equipment provided for employee protection.
Maintain High Herd Health and Bio-security through:
* Provide and monitor proper animal comfort with ventilation and heating management and record ventilation changes made.
* Timely medication and care of sick and injured pigs.
* Follow approved vaccination programs.
* Maintain clean disinfectant foot baths in designated areas.
* Clean and disinfect buildings according to schedule.
* Proper disposal of dead pigs daily.
* Follow proper load-in, load-out procedures.
* Follow bio-security downtime chart and shower thoroughly before entering production units.
Maintain Proper Department and Farm Appearance by:
* Scrap manure and sweep aisles as needed.
* Wash buildings and equipment as scheduled.
* Keep all trash items picked up and disposed of.
* Assist cleaning and maintaining office and all farm areas.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: B.S. degree, Associate's degree, or equivalent degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be a Utility Level at Seaboard Foods, or be able to achieve a Utility Level within 90 days.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read interpret documents in the English language such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Bilingual skills preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds and sometimes push and/or move up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to waste material, feed and hog dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer