Nursing Assistant - Per Diem - MossRehab Nursing Pool
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
Elkins Rk, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
SINCE 1959, MOSSREHAB HAS PROVIDED OUR PATIENTS WITH A BREADTH OF EXPERTISE UNRIVALED IN THE REGION. SUPERIOR CLINICAL EXPERTISE, NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED REHABILITATION SPECIALISTS, UNSURPASSED DIAGNOSTIC CAPABILITIES, A PASSION FOR ADVOCACY, A PATIENT CENTERED TEAM PHILOSOPHY AND A QUEST FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. THESE ARE THE QUALITIES THAT HAVE EARNED MOSSREHAB ITS OUTSTANDING REPUTATION AT THE LOCAL, REGIONAL AND NATIONAL LEVELS AND ENABLE TO US TO ATTRACT AND RETAIN HIGHLY MOTIVATED, GIFTED REHABILITATION PROFESSIONALS. IN FACT, U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORTS HAS CONSISTENTLY RANKED US AMONG THE NATION S BEST REHABILITATION FACILITIES. WE WERE ALSO NAMED ONE OF THE BEST EMPLOYERS IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA THIS YEAR, COME FIND OUT WHY! EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
AS THE LEADING PROVIDER OF COMPREHENSIVE REHABILITATION SERVICES IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA, MOSS REHABILITATION HOSPITAL DELIVERS THE SPECIALIZED CARE AND ADVANCED TREATMENT THAT ENABLES INDIVIDUALS WITH STROKE, BRAIN INJURY, SPINAL CORD INJURY, NEUROLOGICAL DISORDERS, AMPUTATION, JOINT REPLACEMENT AND OTHER ORTHOPEDIC TRAUMA, AND GENERAL MEDICAL REHABILITATION NEEDS, TO REBUILD THEIR LIVES.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Completes daily assignments as directed by a nurse
* Obtains vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations) as directed
* Answers all call lights promptly. Reports problems to a primary nurse/designee
* Reinforces rehabilitation techniques as directed to maximize patient recovery
* Participates in Therapeutic Dysphagia and Feeding Program as assigned. Assists with monitoring of diets, nutritional supplements as well as provides appropriate cues to patients for feeding or swallowing once directed by speech or occupational therapist. Provides water/juice and snacks as appropriate
* Reports problems and progress to the primary nurse throughout the shift. Immediately reports accidents to the nurse. Refers questions and inquires to the nurse for follow-up. Communicates effectively with the rehabilitation team including nursing, therapy, and physicians
* Provides and receives shift to shift report to ensure continuity of patient care
* Completes hourly rounding on patients to ensure their safety and their needs are met
* Observes safety rules, standard precautions and fire regulations. Maintains patient confidentiality, patient rights and privacy
* Interacts with patients, families, peers and supervisors in a calm, positive, courteous and appropriate manner
* Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers and discharges; safeguards patients' belongings and other items during these procedures. Assists nurse in taking pictures of new admissions for insertion into the medical record. Collects specimens from patients as assigned and transports specimens to the lab if required
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High school graduate or equivalent required
* Reading, writing, math, and basic computer skills required
* Current CPR through the American Heart Association required
* Board of education training course preferred
* One year Nurse Assistant, PCA, CNA experience working in a clinical setting required
* Students from RN Program with one year of clinical nursing school experience also acceptable
* State certification as a nursing assistant preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.