This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Provides accountability for the unit or program and operationalizes the core values of the organization by developing and sustaining an environment that supports excellence in clinical practice and the care of patients
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and sustains an environment that supports excellence in clinical practice and patient care. Communicates and models institutional values for patient care, clinical education, and clinical investigation. Maintains a safe and caring environment for patients and staff.
* Anticipates and communicates change in the health care environment, and interprets implications for the patient care unit. Encourages creativity and innovation in response to a need for change. Provides leadership for the change process. Demonstrates leadership and influences others in both the internal and external environments
* Allocates resources to achieve clinical care goals. Develops the staffing pattern, personnel needs, and recruitment plan. Assumes full responsibility for the selection of staff with authority to evaluate, counsel, or terminate.
* Provides guidance to clinical nurses to identify developmental needs and strategies that foster effective problem-solving, collaboration, consultation, and sound clinical judgment.
* Demonstrates and promotes collaboration in establishing the unit's or program's patient care goals. Teams effectively with others to accomplish the organization's strategic priorities.
* Has the responsibility to lead and support managers and directors in developing and improving operations to create optimal performance levels. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: 51-100
* Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Finance or Hospital Administration preferred.
* License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
* 3-5 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
* CNOR preferred at the time of hire, and if not CNOR at the time of hire, candidate must achieve CNOR within one year.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* 3+ years of Perioperative Management experience
* Experience in an acute care setting
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf