Nursing Educator/ Special Care Nursery/ 20hrs Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Nurse Educator (NE) participates in the overall planning, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive program for competency-based staff education, including department orientation, mandatory education programs, continuing education, and quality/performance improvement activities. The NE collaborates with the Nurse Manager/Associate Chief Nurse (ACN) to implement unit-based orientation, educational programming and quality improvement initiatives. The NE works jointly with the nursing staff to determine educational and resource related needs to advance nursing practice and support patient care and education.
* BSN required. MSN require. MA license required
* Current or recent within last 1-3 years experience level 3 Neonatal ICU required.
* Experience in nursery preferred.
* Current knowledge and skill in neonatal nursing to include: level 3 neonates, level 2 neonates, nursery and high risk deliveries
* Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience and 1 year of teaching or nurse educator experience
* NRP required
* Completion of NRP instructor training required
* NCC certification in Maternal newborn, neonatal intensive care and low risk neonatal preferred
Newton-Wellesley Hospital will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, veteran or active military status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.