Nursing Field Supervisor / Registered Nurse / RN - Home Health - ReqCode 1057573
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Responsible for the supervision, on-the-job training and competency evaluation of field staff. Responsible for the delivery of care consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Agency. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to the patient(s) services by the Agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Counsel employees as needed according to Agency Policy and Procedures. Maintain proper documentation of all employee counseling. Consult with DON / DPS / Administrator / Director and other Department Supervisors for clarification on legal guidelines and correct documentation procedures as necessary.
* Conduct timely employee annual performance appraisals.
* Serve as resource for field staff, patients and / or families, physicians and other community and contract agencies.
* Obtain physical, psycho-social, environmental and health behavior assessment data as evidenced by completed admission forms.
* Complete all nursing documentation / forms within the time frame as established by Agency.
* Note changes in patient's condition through on-going assessment as reflected in the progress notes and follow-up assessments.
* Communicate in a timely manner to physician and supervisor, significant changes in patient's condition.
* Identify significant clinical finds and intervenes appropriately.Demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify patients' requirements relative to his or her age- specific needs.
* Provide care needed as described by the Agency's Policies and Procedures.
* Compare assessment data to baseline assessment to monitor patient's progress. Recognize alteration in function, including life-threatening situation, and intervene and document appropriately.
* Initiate realistic teaching plan based on identified learning needs of the patient and / or those providing care and documents appropriately.
* Prioritize nursing visits based on the patient's health status, anticipated needs, contractual agreements and Agency Policies and Procedures.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of care delivered and adjust Plans of Care accordingly.Implement physicians orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment.Implement and perform nursing skills in an effective, efficient and competent manner.Demonstrate knowledge of therapeutic action, side effects and interaction of medication.
* Document patient's adherence to Plan of Care, and notify physician and supervisor if patient is not following plan.
* Communicate effectively and as needed with health care team members by case conferencing to share information and solve problems in a positive, outcome oriented manner.
* Remain flexible and responsive when changes occur in work load.
* Participate in the Agency's on-call, weekend and holiday assignments.
* Utilize available educational materials, programs, nursing literature and resource personnel for professional development.
* Supervise field staff in their delivery of care as prescribed by the established Plan(s) of Care.
* Provide on-the-job training to field staff.
* Evaluate competency of field staff and provide remediation training as needed.
* Provide progressive counseling to field staff as per Agency Policies and Procedures.
* Appropriately document, investigate and resolve patient / employee complaints and occurrences.
* Provide employee health assessment and medical compliance requirements as requested.
* Instruct trainees / employees as per Agency, State and Federal guidelines.
* Responsible to obtain prior authorizations as required by third party payers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, college or university.
* Current license / registration by state of hire as a Registered Nurse.
* One (1) year experience in medical / surgical nursing required.
* Current BLS ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button