Nursing Home Administrator 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Felician Sisters of North America are a Felician Franciscan community of sisters with eight central convents throughout North America. Our nursing staff provides high quality clinical care for our sisters, many of whom are aging in place in their convent homes. Our Care Center nurses and nurse aides provide similar nursing care in the sisters home to that which would be seen in a long-term care facility. We have a high staff member to resident ratio that allows for quality care for every sister in our care.
The Administrator oversees the day-to-day administration of the Care Center and is responsible for strategic planning and budgeting. The Administrator works in partnership with the Director of Nursing to ensure quality, person-centered resident care in the sisters' home and assure adherence to facility policies, procedures, and standards.
The ideal candidate will have a background in long-term care that includes having served in positions such as Nursing Home Administrator, Assistant Nursing Home Administrator, Director of Operations and/or Executive Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Investigate sensitive and complex resident care problems and guides staff in the analysis and resolution of such problems.
* Ensure compliance with resident rights policies and work to resolve resident grievances.
* Enforce policies and procedures regarding resident care, personnel issues, medical care, financial operations, public relations, Care Center maintenance and communicates such policies and procedures to staff and other parties.
* Maintain positive relationships with Provincial management, medical and nursing staff, contract providers, residents and family members, employees, visitors and other individuals who have contact with the Care Center.
* Participate with nursing management staff in fostering a work environment conducive to productive performance, personal development and job satisfaction.
* Provide quality care and services measured by consistent achievement of professional standards and the satisfaction of customer expectations.
* Maintain and guide the implementation of Care Center policies and procedures. Enforce adherence when needed.
* Cooperate, participate and coordinate with Care Center staff to ensure consistency of programs.
* Direct all financial and operational activities of the Care Center as directed by the Provincial Director of Health Services.
* Monitor the financial status of the Care Center and implement corrective action as appropriate to meet established financial goals.
* Meet regularly with the physicians and Director of Nursing to address quality of care and quality of life issues for residents.
* Oversee all employee relations to include recruitment, orientation, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, terminations, job description updates, training, staff development and enforcement of policies and procedures.
* Exhibit behavior that supports a person-centered culture of care where resident has a voice and a share in decision making regarding plan of care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of three (3) years experience in a management capacity required.
* Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) license preferred.
* 8-10years experience in a long-term care or similar health care environment preferred.
* Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or graduate of an approved RN program is preferred. Nursing license must be current in the state of New York and in good standing.
THE FELICIAN SISTERS OF NORTH AMERICA OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
* Health Insurance - Our low deductible Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance is affordable for individual employee coverage as well as employee/spouse and family level coverage.
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Retirement Plan - Up to 6% Employer Match
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) including Holidays
* Life and A,D & D Insurance
* Short-term Disability
* Long-term Disability
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Voluntary A, D & D Insurance
* Free Parking
* Competitive Pay
* Sprint Discount
* Verizon Discount
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Emergency Assistance Fund
Job Type: Full-time
* Nursing Home Administrator: 8years
Required license or certification:
* Nursing Home Administrator