Nutrition Health Educator - A Better Start
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION SUPPORTING THE BETTER START PROGRAM
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of nutrition education programs
* Teaching curriculum, teacher documentation and all other projects
* Providing service to the following age populations: Pediatrics, adolescents and adults in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Associates Degree or higher degree, with concentration in nutrition or other related field is required
* Minimum 2 years of nutrition education background/experience required
* Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
* Physical Requirements: Frequent walking, sitting, standing, lifting, typing, driving
* Visual Requirements: Partial
* Hearing Requirements: Partial
* Working Conditions: Sitting in front of a computer and typing, Sitting in meetings, Walking throughout the kitchen, Driving to other facilities teaching classes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.