OBIEE Architect 9/3/2016
Prospect Infosys Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking Business Intelligence Data Architect / Developer consultant with experience including Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition v. 12c (OBIEE 12c). The successful proposer will assist the University in its goal of implementing OBIEE 12c for UW-Madison (Note that the foundation for OBIEE 12c will be implemented by the UW System, but UW Madison needs to set up its own area of 12c for the best implementation for its campus).
Key Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
* Design and develop highly complex technology solutions.
* Act as an expert architecture resource
* Recommend best practices for Enterprise BI solution
* Lead the design and implementation of a quality and stable solution
The successful contractor must have availability from September 2016 through, at a minimum, March 2017.
Project Background Information:
Key Project Goals:
* Replace Interactive Reporting (Hyperion) Query Library at UW-Madison
* Ability for users to successfully use and take advantage of the OBIEE 12c's full capabilities
* Ability for users to access, without interruption, the data/information they need to conduct their work
Business Intelligence Vision:
* Ability to report off of both Institutional and non-Institutional Administrative and Local data sets.
* Developing a process to bring non-Institutional data sets into the OBI 12c environment
* Implementing institutional data definitions within the OBI 12c environment.
* Making the OBI 12c environment more efficient by re-architecting data structures.
Phases to get to vision - This work effort includes only phase 1:
1. Area specific Semantic Layers Developed
* Allow users to continue to do their work using an array of tools without interruption including OBI 12c
* Direct connection to source data models (primarily the InfoAccess Data Warehouse)
* Hyperion Interactive Reporting Query Library retired (currently ~1700 users)
* Migrate ~300 Hyperion Interactive Reporting Client users to OBI12c and retiring the Hyperion Client.
* Introduce user friendly language and an easier interface for users to perform their reporting and data analysis work
* Assist UW-Madison SME's and training staff in leveraging OBIEE tools, e.g. dashboards could replace some converted queries
2. Re-architected data structures developed (future project)
* Semantic layer developed for specific area
* Reports migrated to use a basic semantic layer
* Common user friendly language and data definitions across the campus (advanced semantic layer)
* Full use of OBIEE functionality
TapFin Job Description for Business Intelligence Technical Lead III:
Design, develop, and maintain relational databases for data storage and data mining. Perform data warehouse design and testing, including data design, databasearchitecture, metadata, and repository creation. Develop processes and procedures for entering information into data warehousing systems and for ensuring reliability of information entered. Seek continuous improvement in performance of data warehouse and ensure security of data. Recognized as expert in field, knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices. Conducts the most complex and vital work critical to the organization. Works without supervision with complete latitude for independent judgment. May mentor less experienced peers and display leadership as needed. Typically requires 15 or more years experience or equivalent education.
* General Competencies
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
* English Communication Skills
* Excellent organization, analytical, and communication skills
* Information Technology - Business Intelligence
* 3+ years in BI development with increasing growth and leadership responsibilities
* Ability to mentor and guide development team members
* Experience with Database Management using RDBMS, ORACLE, IBM DB2, SQL Server
* Experience with OBIEE 11g
* Experience with other BI software such as MicroStrategy, Qlikview, and Crystal a plus
* Experience with Star Schema and Snow Flake Data Modeling
* Innovative thinking to solve challenging problems
* Preferredexperience with OBIEE 12c
* Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments
* Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement into technical implementation
* Strong architecture, design and development skills
* Strong root cause investigation and problem solving skills
* Strong understanding of development methodologies such as Agile, OOA&D, or SCRUM development
* Strong understanding of patterns and best practices