This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
Red Bank, NJ
A day in the life of an Occupational Therapist at Meridian includes:
* Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
* Administering evaluations in a manner appropriate to the patient's disability, demonstrating respect for the patient's needs.
* Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals, while considering both the patient s and caregivers goals in the formulation of the plan of care.
* Developing and implementing individualized treatment programs based on established goals.
* Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
* Recommending and providing education related to utilization of appropriate occupational therapy equipment (i.e. assistive devices, taping, bracing).
* Providing and documenting education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner.
* A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree from an accredited school
* A current and valid New Jersey Occupational Therapy license
* At least one (1) year of professional work experience in an inpatient setting preferred
* Modalities Certification
* CPR certification
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.