OEM Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe OEM Business Development Manager works in conjunction with other corporate resources to achieve all strategic objectives including molecule/new project pipeline acquisition. Our overall goal is to become the number one supplier of OEM materials to the global Life Science industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Leads growth initiatives in key markets in the Applied Solutions marketplace to identify medium to large OEM opportunities
* Develops and executes multi-year strategic action plans
* Builds lasting relationships with prospects and demonstrate Millipore Sigma s capabilities to partner on large OEM projects.
* Coordinate with AM s to further relationships at prospective accounts and close deals
* Collaborate and build consensus with SMIs and Product Marketing to map markets, target work flows and develop value propositions
* Establish relationships with large anchor accounts understand their applications, business needs and collaborate to identify partnership for OEM opportunities.
* Feedback VOC to SMI and Product Marketing to aid the development of workflow solutions, custom offerings, and relevant messaging and value propositions
* Navigate the organization and recruit appropriate stakeholders to craft unique solutions for new markets
* Identify collaboration and innovation opportunities
* Source large partnership opportunities and lead an integrated team to pull through revenue
* Develops, tests and implements improvements in sales related processes.
* Maintain all corporate databases and files pertaining to Key Accounts and sales activity.
* Forecasts future business by product and identifies market/customer trends.
* Reports routinely on competitive practices, capabilities, trends and lost business and recommends modifications to Marketing to increase market share and profitability.
* In an effort to expand our customer base the Sr BDM will work to acquire a required number of clinical projects/new projects each year.
* Participates in process improvements to increase sales success.
* Maintains accurate product forecasts and a robust sales opportunity funnel.
* Bachelor s degree in life sciences or related field.
* An MS or MBA is a strong asset
* Minimum of seven years of sales experience in a scientific industry.
* Work within the Applied Solutions segment as a large account manager or project director a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of life sciences, chemistry, sales, account management and development
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
* Must have and maintain a qualified driver s license.
* Must be able to work in the United States and Canada
* Role may be based anywhere within the continental U.S.
* Minimum of 30% overnight travel.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.